Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,954   Online: 961

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by James Shelley View Post
    Hi everybody

Looks like this has been mentioned for the previous years, well, its back on this coming weekend 29/30 August 2009.
    [URL="http://www.Peoples-Photography.com"/URL]
    Anybody coming along, stop and say hello at place 349/350.
    I'm new enough here - so would be nice to names and faces together.

J..
    James,

I'll be there with OffShoot Photography Society (place 330/1)

Darragh

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good Man Darragh, and only a few places away. I'll be sure to drop down and sat hello.

I see in another thread, Eddie (Monosnaps) and Hugh(Hughitb) will be around the corner as well. No place numbers mentioned, sure we'll get to see them anyhow.

Hope all preperations in order. See you there.

J..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm number 94 .... just opposite the Shelbourne. Looking forward to it ...
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Folks,

Apparently an exhibition in Kilmainham from the likes of Ervin Penn and others is either on tour or coming soon. Heard it was featured on Nationwide a few nights ago.
    Anyone know of it or when is it ? I've searched both web and the IMMA website without success. Nationwide website also.

Anybody any clues ?

J..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Spell check, should have typed Irving Penn

thanks
    J..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the exhibition is "Picturing New York: Photographs from MOMA". It runs until the 7th of Feburary in Kilmainham
    Last edited by darragh; 11-26-2009 at 07:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jack Mallins is holding an exhibition called "Our vibrant world" which he will display his wildlife photography from across the world in the brightlife gallery in greystones from saturday until 4th of dec.
    Jack is well now in the club scene for his nature photography and his wildlife photos from around the world are stunning to see.
    Here is the bio for exhibition
    "Jack who is an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society, has brought together a collection of images from the Arctic, Africa, India, Peruvian Amazon Ireland and Scandinavia, ranging from polar bears to insects. Originally from Northern Ireland, Jack has enjoyed success in many photographic competitions both at home and abroad."

Darragh
    Last edited by darragh; 11-26-2009 at 07:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darragh View Post
    the exhibition is "Picturing New York: Photographs from MOMA". It runs until the 7th of Feburary in Kilmainham
    Dropped in to this today. It's really great. I didn't get to study it in detail because I was being dragged around the place by my four-year old daughter. "Pictures are boring!" she announced loudly at one point.

Anyway it's got all the greats - Hine, Steiglitz, Arbus, Friedlander, Winogrand, Weegee, Strand - you get the idea.
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hughitb View Post
    Dropped in to this today. It's really great. I didn't get to study it in detail because I was being dragged around the place by my four-year old daughter. "Pictures are boring!" she announced loudly at one point.

Anyway it's got all the greats - Hine, Steiglitz, Arbus, Friedlander, Winogrand, Weegee, Strand - you get the idea.
    A pal of mine had a spare ticket for the opening so I went along. I agree with you Hugh it's great. I just need more time to view it and I bought the book which I'll study in more detail before I return and view it at my leisure.

TEX

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks folks,
    In meantime, I found IMMA have finally listed it on their site;
    http://www.imma.ie/en/page_197023.htm

Whilst it's listed to run until Beginning of February, I'm going to make an effort to go in see it soon.

Looking forward to it !

J..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin