Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,629   Posts: 1,647,976   Online: 985

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looking forward to this one, great line-up, cant miss this, working next door so no excuses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Behind schedule but I just read a great article by Aidan Dunne in Saturday's edition of The Irish Times on the New York Exhibition in the IMMA. You owe it to yourself to visit it.

TEX

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A friend of mine studying in IADT Dun Laoghaire asked me to spread the word regarding an exhibition they are opening this Thursday night. here's a copy of their press release.

"Loose Threads” Exploring Personal Legacies

Photography Exhibition by IADT Students 2010

In an ever-changing Ireland people are becoming more and more interested in their heritage and personal legacy. An exciting exhibition put on by Year Two Photography students from IADT-Dun Laoghaire explores these legacies through a diverse collection of intriguing and highly creative images. From a collection of landscapes of a family’s favorite places to enigmatic images of teenage life the exhibition hints at an Ireland redefining itself.

The Exhibition can be seen at Moxie Studios, Pembroke Row, from Friday 30th April until Friday 7th May 11-7pm. Special launch night on Thursday, 29th April from 7pm."
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Anyone passing the Alliance Française in Kildare Street might like to drop in to see the exhibition "Beckett's Paris" by John Minihan. It's in the Café des Amis on the ground floor, so croissants and coffee are hard to ignore.

http://afdublin.blogspot.com/2010/04...tts-paris.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stephen Shore's Exhibition in the Douglas Hyde Gallery Trinity College

I went to the opening of the above exhibition which included a lecture by the photographer himself. This man knew Ansel Adams although his work is totally different and most of it is in colour. If you're passing that way be sure and drop in.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fragments of Ireland Exhibition
    I travelled to Cobh yesterday to visit the David Eisenlord exhibition 'Fragments of Ireland' in the Sirius Arts Centre and was most impressed. The photo's of familiar Irish scenes are lent a totally new impression as they are produced using the gum platinum process which lends an old world atmosphere to them. I was lucky to meet David himself and he explained the whole process to me. It was for me a most enjoyable visit and I can recommend it without reservation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Graduate Exhibition of the NCAD Photography and D****** Imaging Certificate takes place in NCAD Dublin this weekend (2nd-4th of July). It's on all day Friday, all day Saturday, and on Sunday afternoon. There is a small amount of analogue work in there (including my own). Full details here:

http://www.pdi2010.com
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck Hugh!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hughitb View Post
    Graduate Exhibition of the NCAD Photography and D****** Imaging Certificate takes place in NCAD Dublin this weekend (2nd-4th of July). It's on all day Friday, all day Saturday, and on Sunday afternoon. There is a small amount of analogue work in there (including my own). Full details here:

http://www.pdi2010.com
    Best of luck with that Hugh.

I'd say it will be impressive judging by the link you provided there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed, best of luck Hugh, must try pop along,

Damien

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin