Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,448   Online: 1164

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't do the weekend of the 12/13th April.. so would Friday/Saturday 25/26th of April suit or do we need to go a bit later?
    If someone would like to throw out some ideas on where's a good place to head to, I'll start checking out hotels and b&b's?

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Earth calling Fluffy, come in Fluffy!!

We need some suggestions here missus!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    If its just a meet on the day, we'd have a coffee and a chat then go exploring a few spots together, have a bite to eat then home.

If its a stayover, then we drink creamy pints of Guinness on the friday night, have a good chat, then get up early on saturday morning and shoot till lunchtime. Some of us have families so getting back home to stay in the marriage is important :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We've gone to places like Cashel, Clonmacnoise, Wicklow and The Copper Coast in Waterford, which was the best one so far.
    Did someone mention Guinness ? . I'm far away from home at the mo but I got this sudden calling to visit apug and now I see why .

Don't think I'll make the next outing as April is fully booked up for me and going under the knife in May.

Have fun guys.
    P.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Did someone mention Guinness ? .
    No draught in Jordan then I take it :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys,

Weekend of 25th/26th sounds good or first weekend in May (except that's a bank holiday and the b&b's might be booked out). I'm shooting my first wedding May 10th (eeeek) so that's out. Fluffy and I had a good day out in Fota gardens a while back (that's cheap and cheerful as you only have to pay for parking) and a so-so day in the Wildlife part (not many animals out but maybe there will be more in April/May, bit expensive but if the animals are performing it's fun). I also know some nice woods in Killeagh where you can pretend to be (and in my case fail at) being Ansel Adams. And then we can also hit the coast again (I can always do some more exploring for photogenic spots between now and then). Midleton could be a good spot for the Friday night as I know the pubs (with good Guinness) and restaurants, and there are plenty of B&Bs and a hotel. Depending on numbers you could also base it in Aghada/Rostellan/Whitegate area where the Guinness is really good, food is great...but limited in B&Bs.

Mel

Shooter
    Holga
    hello gang,
    great idea, count me in for friday night hanging out with drinks and saturday early morning photo shoot. fintan you better not keep us waiting ... LOL ... we were up so early even the chef at the hotel hadn't yet arrived....

okay will be checking my calendar and reporting back shortly. i signed up for a 5 day hippy dippy course on meditation which i *think* is the last weekend in april, but i didn't write it down so i need to hunt up the info. spoken like a true hippy!

no photos from copper coast, esp since i tried 50 asa in the holga, not to mention the back flying off and the light leaks... but i might do some 'proper' photography this time... either that or the pringle pinholes! yeah, that's it.....

c

Shooter
    Holga
    okay, i've consulted the penguin calendar and my meditation class is the 24th to the 29th april, sorry sile, but i am free of these dates:

next weekend (is this too short notice??? probably, eh...)

may 2/3 (friday/saturday)

may 9/10 (friday/saturday) ...
    as long as i'm home to collect a friend from shannon on the 11th may

may 16/17 (friday/saturday)

may 23/24 (friday/saturday)

may 31 out 'cos we are going to the BLEACH hah hah

catherine

Shooter
    Holga
    PS forgot to say the most important date on the spring calendar:

April 15th, 9:55 AM: DRIVING TEST (2.0) ....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have to much on at the moment to go,but could lend my speed graphic to any interested party,have some infra red black and white sheet film thats going out of date soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Peter,
    My speed graphic arrived before the weekend. I'm waiting on a couple of film holders, might be lucky enough to get a couple of grafmatic back on the dreaded auction site over the next couple of days. And then, I'll need to get my hands on some film- it's all new to me, and slightly intimidating.
    If you're offloading some infra-red film I'd be interested. I'll pay for it of course. Any advice from any SpeedGraphic user on the best way to get up and running with it would be great. And if there were 2 Speed graphics at the meet- is 5x4 stereo a practical idea ?? Hehehe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin