Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,037   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In Dublin Centre on foot there are loads of great places to photograph:

Both people and urban scenes and all within 15 minutes walk maximum in any direction, people generally do not mind photographs being taken and are not agressive, for street performers Grafton Street and nightlife try Temple Bar and Wicklow Street areas.

Along the river for scenic shots and also good shots can be obtained from the rooftops of some inner city car parks. Every weekend there is some kind of protests or carnival.

It is literally a case of wander about till something takes your fancy. The bridges are all underlight in the Irish colours of Green, White & Gold
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13111789@N00/300560783/

Follow the river down the north quay walls until the harbour opens up and there are great morning shots their at sunrise.

The best public parks for shots are St Stephens Green, Merrion Square and Phoenix Park. All in walking distance.

Finally remember it is IRELAND so don't be afraid to ask security guards or others can you get access to their property or stand on their heads etc. to get better shots, they are not so uptight here and far more friendly and more than likely will let you

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all. Looks like I will have to order more film!

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Contact apuggers thefizz (Peter) or Sile (Sheila), you'd be hard pressed to find two nicer people (OK, I'm lying about Peter ).
    Thats the last time I'll baby-sit you
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reading this thread makes me want to go back to Dublin!!!
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there are a lot of hidden gems in dublin city there is a podcast called 'hidden dublin' which has some interesting stuff. landscape wise in dublin itself howth head has something to offer,the deer park walk and the red rock walk may both be of interest to you there are secluded beachs,rocks and arboretums.
    if you rent a car and drive an hour from dublin there county wicklow, places of interest are lugalla,glendalough,lough dan,avondale, brittas bay ,sally's gap, the vale of clara, camaderry and the wicklow gap etc all of this is very beautiful but you'll need deet because the boglands and mountains are full of midges.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I have just got back from my 5 days in Dublin (2 at a conference). On day 1 I was in Iveagh gardens taking my first few shots when the shutter jammed up on my Minolta MD camera. With no back-up (stupid I know but I wanted to travel light) that was it as far as photography was concerned, several rolls of HP5 would have to remain unexposed. However, I decided to take a 'toy camera' approach and bought a single use point and shoot plastic camera from a chemists shop and await the results from the lab with hope rather than expectation!

I did enjoy a big photo exhibition on the railings around St Stephens Green and got to see some analogue work. Were there any apugers exhibiting?

For the record I particularly enjoyed the Botanical Gardens and the old cemetary in Glasnevin where I was staying. Unfortunately the sun only got out whilst I was at the conference and when I was waiting for the airport bus on the Swords road!

Les

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lesd View Post
    . Unfortunately the sun only got out whilst I was at the conference and when I was waiting for the airport bus on the Swords road!

Les
    That was Summer!

(Every day I've ever spent in Ireland, regardless of the supposed season, it has rained. I once spent a week by the sea in Kerry during in August and it never stopped raining, at least whilst I was awake)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did enjoy a big photo exhibition on the railings around St Stephens Green and got to see some analogue work. Were there any apugers exhibiting?

Les[/QUOTE]

i had some stuff up on saturday,on the north side about twenty spaces up.

the botanics are fantastic, going to do a set there soon.

p

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

For the record I particularly enjoyed the Botanical Gardens and the old cemetary in Glasnevin where I was staying. Unfortunately the sun only got out whilst I was at the conference and when I was waiting for the airport bus on the Swords road!

Les
    Sorry to hear about your camera trouble and the rain. We've had quite a bit recently but I have to say the the colours of the landscape after the rain is just magical, lovely vivid and luminous green fields, purple magenta and golden orange sunsets. Everything is so crisp afterwards, it was this evening.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Les
    Yes! I managed to blag my way into a spot on the Sunday. B&W prints ... very close to the smelly horses and taxis. Even managed to sell two prints. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Dublin .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin