Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,183   Online: 1175

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Day out in Trim in July?

Anyone up for a day out shooting in Trim on 19th or 26th of July?

We can photograph Trim Castle (don't forget OPW card if you have one), St. John's Priory, Newtown Abbey and Bective Abbey, as well as many other sites close to the town.

Let me know if either of those dates suits you.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Anyone up for a day out shooting in Trim on 19th or 26th of July?

We can photograph Trim Castle (don't forget OPW card if you have one), St. John's Priory, Newtown Abbey and Bective Abbey, as well as many other sites close to the town.

Let me know if either of those dates suits you.

Peter
    I'd love a day out in trim! When I went up to the fair last year, the castle and grounds were kinda crowded, so I wouldn't mind seeing it empty.

The 19th would suit me best as I'm off on hols the week after, but no problem if the weekend after works for everyone else, I'll just make the Fizz do it again sometime

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK I am going to ask about the OPW card: I assume it is Office Of Public Works and it is some form of pass that allows you onto the grounds ?

Simplicius

Defying reality since 1878

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The OPW card costs €20 and allows free admission into any of the OPW sites for one year. It can be purchased at most of the sites, including Trim Castle.

Its good if you plan to visit a few OPW places in a year.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Holga
    Both dates are good for me. Still lugging Mel's loaner Holga around (but should have new fancy "modified" holga by then)... woo hoo!!!

Can you say looooooooooong exposure?

:-)

Síle - how long will you be in Canada. I should be to Toronto by the third week of August. Will you still be there? Can you "miss" your flight home?

In other news, I will report back on the par-tay with the Canadians aka Yanks/Brits invade. Start planning next year's holiday now, eh? Never too soon! I think I am gonna be "out geared" on this one but the holga has developed a little Brooklyn attitude so I think all will be fine.

Catherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_penguins View Post
    Síle - how long will you be in Canada. I should be to Toronto by the third week of August. Will you still be there? Can you "miss" your flight home?

In other news, I will report back on the par-tay with the Canadians aka Yanks/Brits invade. Start planning next year's holiday now, eh? Never too soon! I think I am gonna be "out geared" on this one but the holga has developed a little Brooklyn attitude so I think all will be fine.

Catherine
    We're travelling around a bit, but hit Toronto for a few days the second week in August. Looks like we'll be passing ships in the night I'm afraid, but not to worry... we'll always have Trim... *cough cough*...

I am both dying to hear back from the invasion and extremely jealous.. so I will definitely be planning the hols around it next year!

Whens the new modified Holga arriving? And what about it did you modify, sounds intriguing...

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Both dates look good to me too, although I will have to clear it with Adrian as I've been away a bit recently.

Mel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Folks,

No way I can join you, but I would if I could! Peter is a great guide, too, and a day out on his turf will be a day well spent. I especially recommend Bective Abby -- early in the morning, with the mist rising off the river, is not to be missed! But it's good any time.

If you don't take Peter up on his offer, you'll regret it! I did and I have a couple of "wall hangers" to show for it!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a plan B, if the weather is bad we can do some studio photography in my new studio

Bring any objects you would like to shoot for still life photos. Or we can just do some nudes :o How about it Sile?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    As a plan B, if the weather is bad we can do some studio photography in my new studio

Bring any objects you would like to shoot for still life photos. Or we can just do some nudes :o How about it Sile?
    Peter once you don't mind posing nude.. I really don't mind taking the Photo's

Síle
    Síle

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin