Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,743   Online: 913

Thread: APUG in DCC

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

APUG in DCC

With the increasing rush of the photographic fraternity to embrace the digital age what occurs to me is the possible loss of the knowledge and craft that is associated with traditional photography.
    Within the Dublin Camera Club I would think that there are less than a dozen members still using fim out of an active membership of eighty.
    I have been so trilled myself to find such an active world wide group still committed to film since my joining APUG that I want everyone within the club to join with me.
    To this end I hope to start an "APUG" within the club, I might call it DAPUG. The "D" would stand for Dublin. Because we are all in the one club and meet weekly it should prove no problem for us to meet on a monthly basis.
    Do I need permission from Sean or the council members to attempt this ?

Vincent Brady (TEX)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I doubt you'd need permission Vincent but why not get the film folks on here so we can chat with them too

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Fintan,
    If you are talking about the film folk in the DCC - then I'm afraid that they are not aware of the existance of APUG. I've yet to show them my mamifesto that I've been working on for the last 2 weeks. If the group get going I would hope that they would join APUG. As you know the club have a gallery which we operate on Saturdays only. The average exhibition runs for eight weeks and the attendance over that period is usually around 600 - 800. For the same length of time I have had 3500 views on my various photographs. I think this is a big selling point for APUG not to mention the various comments and exchanges that you can have.

Anyway I'll keep you informed.
    Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow thats a lot of visitors Vincent, excellent.

I've often thought about joining DCC but its complicated by me being in another club.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm quite interested in joining DCC lately and I tend to shoot more film than digital... somehow!

May make it to a meeting there on Tuesday week

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin