Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,455   Posts: 1,570,544   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Good luck, Rory! I'll be in Cobh over the weekend so may try to swing by and see it. Hope it all goes well for you guys!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    Hi Rory,
    Thank you for a prompt reply to my post. Unfortunately you have done little to assure me that your group is not elitist. Your invitation to meet for a pint and discuss photography sounds more like an interview than a meeting of like minded people. In order to survive your group needs to grow and because analog photographers are now in the minority everyone of them should be sought out and encouraged to join. I should at this stage make clear that I do not know or have ever met Mel.

Cheers
    Vincent
    Hi Tex,
    sorry to bring this back up but i've just read this thread and....i'm a member of the group down here in Cork, but as Rory has already pointed out, most of us are not acutally from Cork, we just live here, so we don't have the dowtcha boy attitude. We have been lucky enough to have been in the same place at the same time and happen to share an interest in film photography & for 8 people from 8 totally different backgrounds i think this is quiet unusual...and we all get on (more or less) so if we come across as elitist to you, i can assure we are not, we have no cause to be. Rory mentioned meeting and going for a pint to discuss future plans cause thats what we do, anybody else is welcome to come along and join us in these discussion/sessions if they like, we are working hard on plans for some possible exciting opportunities coming up next year, and we are going to need some more input/ideas and we want to work with other groups to futher our knowledge and skills.

yours in film
    Jay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Jay, you and your mates would be welcome to our Wicklow day out this Saturday if you can make it.

We'll be shooting film, showing prints and downing a pint or two
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Peter, love to but unfortunately we are having our christmas night out on Sat here in Cork - way too long of a drive to Wicklow and back & i know all about it... i'm from Wicklow

where abouts in Wicklow are ye heading?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cloghleagh bridge near Brittas .
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    cool, nice landscapes up around there, lookng back up towards Kippure Mtn

gonna be cold up there.

good luck to ye

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Over here in Portland, Oregon, USA my favorite pub is called "County Cork". Excellent selection of ales, occasional Irish musicians, good dart boards and the owner is a young woman who is nice to look at.

Makes me want to go to the real County Cork.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ah west cork, been too long

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by peterev View Post
    ah west cork, been too long
    Lived & worked there for 4 years (in Durrus) great place, but it's just so far away fromeverywhere, cabin fever sets in eventually....... no jobs either.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    Over here in Portland, Oregon, USA my favorite pub is called "County Cork". Excellent selection of ales, occasional Irish musicians, good dart boards and the owner is a young woman who is nice to look at.

Makes me want to go to the real County Cork.
    Dennis
    I live in Bandon, west cork. I believe that there is a Bandon, Oregon also

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin