Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,712   Online: 804

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've checked around Brittas & Blessington for a B&B without sucess and what occurs to me "What about Naas?". It's a big town and only 50 minutes from our site. I know that it does suit me, but that's not my motivation for suggesting it - I swear.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to throw in Kippure Lodge it's about 12 km from Manor Kilbride and 4km from Cloughlea which means we can started early. It's €30 a night (€10.50 extra for a full Irish) and the setting look stunning. The only problem seems to be the bar.. but I'm sure we can work something out :o
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sile,
    When I was up at Cloghleagh bridge we also went to Kippure lodge , I remember that there were great walks in the woods. Only for the fact that it rained all day did we not bother to try them out. But they could be well worth checking depending on the weather.
    In other words I'm changing my suggestion from Naas to Kippure.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there any pubs nearby Sile?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    Sile,
    When I was up at Cloghleagh bridge we also went to Kippure lodge , I remember that there were great walks in the woods. Only for the fact that it rained all day did we not bother to try them out. But they could be well worth checking depending on the weather.
    In other words I'm changing my suggestion from Naas to Kippure.

Cheers
    Vincent
    Thanks Vincent, I have never been there myself, but it really does look like a beautiful setting, and one well worth wandering around in it's own right. I suppose if the worst comes to the worst, we can always do portraits/still life in the lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Is there any pubs nearby Sile?
    From what I can see on the site Fintan, they will open the bar "on request" for groups of 10 and upwards. I can always ring them to see would they be willing for a few less.. or maybe we could canvas a few more to join us?

Reading back in the thread, I make it that we're at 7 confirmed as coming? Do we have any other takers?
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    From what I can see on the site Fintan, they will open the bar "on request" for groups of 10 and upwards. I can always ring them to see would they be willing for a few less..
    Just tell them thefizz is coming...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there are five bars in roundwood which is twenty min drive

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peterev View Post
    there are five bars in roundwood which is twenty min drive
    It would be great to have the accomodation close enough to the shooting location and walking distance of a pub so we can have a pint or two in peace.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    It would be great to have the accomodation close enough to the shooting location and walking distance of a pub so we can have a pint or two in peace.
    It may be easier easier to change shooting location

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Roundwood is fine but I think the B&B's are a couple of kilometres outside the village. Walking distance, but not staggering distance perhaps!

Laragh has Lynham's Laragh Inn, the Wicklow Heather restaurant and reasonable B&B's within easy walking distance. You could just stay at Lynham's Hotel to the rear of the Inn.

Cloughlea is a short drive over Sally Gap (via Glenmacnass waterfall).

I live quite close to Laragh (and Roundwood) so if there is any 'face-to-face' arranging needed, I could do that.

Andrew
    Last edited by Droog; 10-23-2008 at 10:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin