Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,515   Online: 1145

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news, Rodinal and Rodinal Special is back in stock in Gunns from next Saturday

Hurray!!
    Last edited by Fintan; 10-29-2008 at 10:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I wonder why Agfa and now the new company producing these developers still bother with two names and why Martin Reed at Silverprint doesn't simply stock the more concentrated of the two, namely Studional and then he could simply say that it can be used for small/daylight tanks as well as for deep tanks at different proportions?
    pentaxuser
    Casting my mind back to the late seventies/early 80's, I think Rodinal Special was put out as a way of getting more mileage out of an existing product, ie Studional, which was the liquid fine grain deep tank developer in the Agfa range. Selling it as a small tank FG developer related to the true Rodinal might have had some tenuous connection with the US practice of adding sulphite to Rodinal for finer grain. For most of the 80's & 90's it wasn't available in the UK as Agfa GB didn't import it, but being in 125ml it has (when available in the UK) fitted the same niche as Ilfosol or LC29, being handy for the occasional user.
    Last edited by Martin Reed; 10-29-2008 at 11:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added a bit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Rodinal is now being sold as Agfa RO9 rather than Rodinal but it is exactly the same developer. Recommended development times for Ilford, Kodak, Fuji & Rollei films are printed on the bottle.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three cheers for Rodinal Special / Studional. Same stuff, of course, different bottles.

Increase the dilution: 1+31 or so. Wonderful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin