Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,745   Online: 1105

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bargains Someone Should Buy

I tend to do a fair bit of scanning of local buy and sell sites for Ireland like adverts.ie and buyandsell.ie and occasionally stumble upon things that might be of interest to people here. I thought I would start a thread for giving people a heads up on stuff like this. Here's one I saw found earlier ...

Mamiya RB67 Camera Leinster Co. Dublin €400.00
    With full kit&3 lenses,€400

If you go on to buyandsell.ie you will find the phone number/contact details. I'd buy it myself but having bought 2 new cameras in the last month or so I'm going to reluctantly let it pass ....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like good value but I decided last year to stop buying cameras, I had enough gear to cover most subjects. You can get sucked in thinking you need every gadget under the sun to take and print decent photos.

Instead I now buy photography books which hold their value better and give great pleasure. I am always warning the family that some of them are valuable and not to give them to a charity shop when I pop my clogs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A guy in our club bought a print for one euro at a car boot sale and sold in on for UK£ 1250.00 the other week. Now thats a bargin.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a buyers market, there are more sellers than users at the moment. I'm tempted to buy an RB67 but then I have excellent 5x4 gear and also 645 kit so hesitate. But that price is a steal

Also I have a few of those funny coins, they look very like the new Turkish Lira, but are worth more I'm very tempted !!!

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well hmmmm

Two of my students were encouraged to buy a set of 2 mamiya RZ67 pro2 with 4 RZ lenses and heaps of equipment to follow... well by me

RZ 50
    RZ 90
    RZ 110
    RZ 180

5x120 magazines
    Prism
    compendium
    Polaroid back
    and other stuff less expensive

Pricetag was 7500 danish "kroner" - or 1000 euro

They just went

last year i bought a Sinar Norma 4x5 with 9 lenses and a ton of other equipment for 1000 kroner = 130 Euro
    last year i too bought a fully loaded Hasselblad set with 500cm + 40mm, 50mm, 80mm,150mm, 20 original hasselblad filters, compendium, 3x120 magazines and 2 extension tubes - and along followed a Nikon 90x, ringflash, 2 fixed focal lenses, Pelicase - and a ton of lightning stuff - 3x 1000 watt teathrical lightning with barndors.....and then some....for 6000 kroner - 850 Euro
    Last year i bought a brandnew Rollei 6008 integral with 50mm and 80mm and stuff for 6000 kroner - 850 Euro

This is crazy - but i love these bargains

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    A guy in our club bought a print for one euro at a car boot sale and sold in on for UK£ 1250.00 the other week. Now thats a bargin.

Cheers
    TEX
    Do you know what it was, was it a modern post war print.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think that it was a pre war print featuring a man with a camel looking into the desert. I would have to say this man knows his way around photographic archives and he does go to book fairs etc., looking for good buys.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not quite sure how much these usually go for but this looks like a bargain to me.

Leciaflex sl2 with 50mm summicron - 450 euros.

Again, on buyandsell.ie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hughitb View Post
    Leciaflex sl2 with 50mm summicron - 450 euros.

Again, on buyandsell.ie
    An M3 + Summicron would be a far better buy, and often around the same price

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BlueLemon,

You're going to have to let us know where you're going to get those bargains

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin