Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,749   Online: 891

Shooter
    Medium Format

Finished! my first coffee table book

I've just finished my first book 'Wicklow Photographs'. I have 3,000 copies printed (so there's plenty if you want one) and I did find the production side of it a bit of a nightmare, but its all over now. The actual work, the shooting and the darkroom, was absolutely great. Seeing the whole thing finally come together was very rewarding.
    The approach to the work in general was to try and avoid process over subject matter, and keep it simple. The trickiest thing, concerning the photography, to deal with was that through the year my photographic choices diminished with the discontinuation of some of my favourite films, developers, and papers.
    All of the work in the book was shot on pentax 645 and 67, and generally with standard lenses. The film stocks used were Velvia, Provia (cross processed), Tri-x, Maco, Rollei Infrared, NPC, NPH, XP2, EPR, and my absolute favourite film 160T (cross processed).
    I think I used filtration only once, on a photograph of swans where I used a combination of polarizer and a deep orange filter.
    The Lith Prints were made from both colour negatives and black and white negatives, they were printed mainly using hot old brown with agfa fibre based paper. I printed the colour in a hire darkroom in London called Rapideye (great guys), one or two were based fogged but by and large they are straight prints.
    The book features 87 images, edited down from over one hundred rolls.
    The images can be seen at www.wicklowphotographs.com , though the web does little for the subtleties in the pictures you should get a good 'feel' for the work. I hope you enjoy them (and have an uncontrollable urge to get one for christmas). If you have questions or feedback fire away!

A note for Irish APUGers there are a couple of launches coming up towards the end of November, one in Rathnew and one with an exhibition of around twenty of the prints in Dublin. Wine,Canapés, and hopefully live music. It would be fantastic to have you there.

PeterE

Images
    Congratulations on the completion of your project! You must feel a fine sense of accomplishment. Very nice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done Peter, looking forward you seeing your exhibition.

Fintan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgcull View Post
    Congratulations on the completion of your project! You must feel a fine sense of accomplishment. Very nice!
    thanks a million. Its great to have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Well done Peter, looking forward you seeing your exhibition.

Fintan
    Thanks Fintan, Printing the exhibition this week!
    Last edited by peterev; 10-25-2008 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: to be concise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on completing your book. I wish you great success with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Peter and well done for seeing the book to fruition.. a true labour of love..
    Looking forward to seeing the exhibition!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done Peter.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Well done Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Congrats Peter and well done for seeing the book to fruition.. a true labour of love..
    Looking forward to seeing the exhibition!

THanks Guys

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin