Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,599   Online: 976

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bought a copy of "Dublin Inner City 1980's " by Irish photographer Gerry Smith on Blurb, possibly one of my favorite book buys this year....

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGIhzWXAoQ
    Book: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detai..._source=widget

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have to say I like the work of Perry Ogden who although born in Shropshire now lives in Dublin.

He produced a great work called Pony Kids which looked the urban cowboy syndrome which dominated council estates and the inner Dublin city areas about a decade ago.

Then you've got Skerries photographer Karl Grimes who is based in Dublin and New York and has been critically acclaimed for more than 20 years now, particularly his work called Still Life which centered on colour plates of neonatal specimens found in hospital laboratories over the years.
    www.karlgrimes.net
    Last edited by seoirse; 11-27-2010 at 01:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    seeing as I need 5 posts before I can post links you'll all just have to use the google machine to look up Richard Mosse. I discovered him a few weeks ago when I was doing a little research on Colour Infrared photography. I love his IR shots from the Congo.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    Me, though I'm probably 4 generations removed from my Irish roots. Grin.

Whose your favorite Iranian photographer?
    Your are from America? I have relatives in the US whose ancestors lived where i live now, for about 4 generations ago. Its odd how much people can chance. They are nothing like us.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trishwalsh View Post
    seeing as I need 5 posts before I can post links you'll all just have to use the google machine to look up Richard Mosse. I discovered him a few weeks ago when I was doing a little research on Colour Infrared photography. I love his IR shots from the Congo.
    Hi Trish, I was a big fan of Colour Infrared film and had some good results with it. The price increase stopped me buying it shortly before it ceased production. I have some shots posted among my photos on this site.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I met with Reza when I was working for a photo lab. One night , I went to the cafe near to lab and there was a man sitting with a Leica M6 with Noctilux. I said Noctilux have lower contrast values than the others and he jumped like a electric signal bites. He said no no , Noctilux have good contrast. I said I read the photo technic magazine and I was right.
    We ate our sandwiches and I invited him to my lab which have a excellent new Rodenstock lenses.
    He did said nothing and I was 20 years old

Umut

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin