Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,127   Online: 849

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Irish Photographers You Like?

Who are your favorite Irish photographers, or just well know Irish Photographers

They can be living or passed away. Post a link to their web site if they have one. I'm asking because to be honest I don't now that many and feel I should

I'll start with:
    1) Fergus Burke
    2) Bill Doyle

Any more?

M

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure if Jill Freedman is Irish but she published a magical book named "A Time That Was" If you find this out of print book I'm sure you'll enjoy it. URL is...

http://www.jillfreedman.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martinhughesireland View Post
    Who are your favorite Irish photographers, or just well know Irish Photographers

They can be living or passed away. Post a link to their web site if they have one. I'm asking because to be honest I don't now that many and feel I should

I'll start with:
    1) Fergus Burke
    2) Bill Doyle

Any more?

M
    Good idea for a thread ..... I am woefully ignorant in this area too. To the above two I would add ..

Harry Thullier Jr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Me, though I'm probably 4 generations removed from my Irish roots. Grin.

Whose your favorite Iranian photographer?
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Martin I'm not sure this is worthwhile tread as I believe Irish people are more masters of words, songs and stories than practitioners of the visual arts. Of course this is changing as time moves on, but as yet I think that it is too early to pick people as great photographers.

Cheers
    vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Vincent :-) I'm not looking for masters or great Irish photographers. Just looking for Irish photographers that people like because to be honest I don't really know any.

I really enjoy looking at good photography taken in Ireland of Irish landscapes and Irish people. I find it hard to find any good quality stuff on the web to be honest.

Was hoping some names would help to find some sites or pages. It doesn't have to be anyone famous or anything it could be just your friend Bob in the camera club and you like the work he/she does. Basically just names or links to Irish photographers that people enjoy looking at

All the best
    M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting thread Martin, while there are many photographs by different photographers that I greatly admire there are few photographers that I would call myself a fan of.

For your research purposes here is a link to a print raffle and exhibition which features plenty of 'names' for you to google

http://galleryofphotography.ie/30years.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Interesting thread Martin, while there are many photographs by different photographers that I greatly admire there are few photographers that I would call myself a fan of.

For your research purposes here is a link to a print raffle and exhibition which features plenty of 'names' for you to google

http://galleryofphotography.ie/30years.html
    BTW add Bob Carlos Clarke and John Minihan to your list to look up.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My two cents. I'm rather fond of Father Brown, perhaps more for nostalgia reasons than anything, but I do like his work and the era he captured. In a more modern vein, though, I like George Tice very much and I put him here because his mother was a member of the Traveling Community from UK/Ireland. Also, Alan MacWeeney (who I blieve is Dublin-born) is one of my faves, especially his work on Travellers/"Tinkers". This project resulted in one of his better-known books. Like I said, two cents worth from Africa.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    Me, though I'm probably 4 generations removed from my Irish roots. Grin.

Whose your favorite Iranian photographer?
    REZA, without a doubt.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin