Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,658   Online: 971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

B&W chemicals or processing in Cork City

I've been honored to receive an Artists in Residence at Sirius in Cobh for 2009.

Are they any decent b&w processors in Cork or a shop where I could purchase basic Ilford or Kodak chemicals?

I'm going to be in Cobh for 5 weeks starting the last week of Jan. Hopefully I can meet a few of the Irish Apug crew while their.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Ike (aka David Eisenlord)

www.davideisenlord.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    David,

I saw some Ilfosol in O'Leary's Camera World (I think it was there and not Denis McSweeney's, always get mixed up with the two) on Oliver Plunklett in Cork City. It was located at the far end of the shop on the right. They might have a few other Ilford chemicals there as well.

Mark

Goose Nest (near Martinsburg), West Virginia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations on your residency! Looks like an interesting place to be for a month. Good luck on your project(s).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As far as processors, you could try the highly recommended Hetty's Darkroom in Kinsale.
    http://www.hettysdarkroom.com/

They/she'll process and/or print.

I'd recommend ringing them first as I recall seeing them selling some darkroom equipment last year so
    not 100% sure if they're still in business or not.

Oh and welcome to Cork !

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can answer for certain McSweeney's don't do 120 film or chemicals, I was back at folks for xmas (Corkman in exile) and ran out of 120. Congrats on Cobh was only there the other day, great spot for pictures, especially if there is some sunlight.
    I'd bring or forward post anything you think you might need chemicals wise.

Congrats on your residency.....

Anthony
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone, I'll contact Hetty's. Where to people order chemistry locally, is there a place in Dublin?
    Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deisenlord View Post
    Thanks everyone, I'll contact Hetty's. Where to people order chemistry locally, is there a place in Dublin?
    Ike
    Congrats on the residency! Sounds like that's going to be an interesting 5 weeks..
    Gunn's is the best place for anything you need in Dublin and they're really lovely and will help with anything.

You might also find more useful information in this thread too. Good luck!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank's Sile, Gunn's sounds perfect.

Ike

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi David, I've bought chemicals from both O'Leary's Camera World on Oliver Plunkett Street and from Barker Photographic (out near the Magic roundabout aka the Kinsale Road roundabout). They are both very friendly and helpful. If I need something more adventurous I order it from the UK (either retrophotographic or silverprint) they are reasonably cheap even with the delivery charge (especially now the pound is so weak). I develop my own b&w films so haven't tried anyone local for that.

Hopefully we'll ge to meet when you are here.

Mel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Ike. You have good advice here in the thread. Paddy Barker is local, Gunns have a bigger selection and will post you anything you need, order anything else from the UK eg Silverprint.

Will you please post any events you run as part of your residency?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin