Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,973   Online: 891

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    some interesting names people.

Since this is APUG and we are Ireland, I wonder if 'APUG Ireland Region Annual Exhibition 2009' would be too obvious??
    www.fpworkshops.com
    Film Photography Workshops - Ireland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A name sugestion from across the world:

"Pixel-Free"

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "when the nipper arrives"

Peter this is the first I heard about your expected arrival. Congratulations to you both. Don't worry about missing out on anything. That's the great thing about analog photography it's not going anywhere, it has already arrived and will remain around without change until you have time to return.
    In the meantime practice up on your baby snaps & remember Infrared should not be your first choice when shooting.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes Vincent its going to be photos only of the nipper for a while. I'll have to try and wean myself off the IR film but its going to be tough.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    You could turn it round and say what it is. "Pure Silver" for example?

(Not that it's any of my business as I'm not in Ireland - it's just good to see people promoting analogue photography )
    Thats a nice title Pete, do like it.

Anyway I missed out last time but would like to get involved this time.

Peter

Keep the Infrared handy It works a treat on babies, just drop the filter. Also useful for portraits.
    Last edited by monosnaps; 05-15-2009 at 03:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me in please!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Monster Truck on Francis St, D8, are open to this kind of thing aswell, there's been a few (film only) photographic exhibitions there. La Cathedral, down the road from it is another fantastic space. Loads of soft natural light.

One of my dislikes about exhibiting in DCC is everything has to be so uniform - Some people print big, some people print small - some people don't want black mounts, and hell, some people might even like a tacky frame

As regards the name, 'APUG Ireland Region Annual Exhibition 2009' works well as a subtitle, but something a bit more bold and stand-outish is great for attention grabbing, even a single word that could cover everything...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fajitas! View Post

One of my dislikes about exhibiting in DCC is everything has to be so uniform - Some people print big, some people print small - some people don't want black mounts, and hell, some people might even like a tacky frame
    Would I be right in saying the DCC exhibition space only opens on Saturdays anyway? I wouldn't rule it out for this reason but it is a disadvantage ...

Quote Originally Posted by fajitas! View Post
    As regards the name, 'APUG Ireland Region Annual Exhibition 2009' works well as a subtitle, but something a bit more bold and stand-outish is great for attention grabbing, even a single word that could cover everything...
    I agree. I like the "Pure Silver" name ......
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the idea of exhibiting our silver craft slap bang in the dragons inkjet lair

Seriously DCC as a venue is not ideal for opening hours but it is a great venue to have. We might even poach a few back to the dark side

Pure Silver is cool with me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Apug Ireland presents "Pure Silver" sounds great to me.

DCC doesn't sound so good if only open on Saturdays but they do run a lot of successfull exhibitions as far as I know, so maybe Vincent can advise us more on how they have gone down in the past?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin