Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,168   Online: 986

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will wander up to Arbour Hill today and check out the Joinery.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Talked to Joinery today, they are a contemporary art space, the contemporary bit was stressed, as an example she said they would not show say " documentary photography". No rants please ! Suggested we send in a proposal with some images and she would make contact in a week or two , outlining costs and conditions if they were interested. Reading between the lines I know our photography is not what they like to show, but in my experience these galleries need to survive and mainstream photography is appreciated as much if not more than most forms of contemporary photography or art so it might still be worth submitting a proposal.

Checked out monstertruck and like Alan said they have a week free in November 2009 , most of their exhibitions are now two weeks. I was talking to Peter from the gallery, very friendly, who said their approach again was moving more towards the contemporary but he had a more open approach than Joinery. I put the emphasis on the film angle. The gallery is small made up of two rooms with a half dividing wall. Its such an informal space, very informal you could easily hang 40+ small to medium prints. Like joinery they would need to see the work. The cost would be €500 for the week. Marketing and help with design and layout is provided. We would need to check if they take a further commission and require our help in manning the exhibition.

If we are going to try secure either of these galleries we need to make some quick decisions and get some scans together.

Why is Dundrum not an option this year ??.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monosnaps View Post

Why is Dundrum not an option this year ??.
    As far as I know, nobody said it wasn't Eddie.

Shall I call them?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post

Shall I call them?
    I think you should. At least we know whether it's an option then ...

Good work Eddie, by the way! Food for thought ....
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post

Shall I call them?
    I would Fintan, might be the easiest option the fact you know the galley well. I know you did a lot of work last year with Peter but it should be easier second time around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would Fintan, might be the easiest option the fact you know the galley well. I know you did a lot of work last year with Peter but it should be easier second time around.
    It's a long shot Eddie, it was agreed in january and unfortunately we're nearly at june. But theres no harm in trying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Checked out monstertruck and like Alan said they have a week free in November 2009 , most of their exhibitions are now two weeks. I was talking to Peter from the gallery, very friendly, who said their approach again was moving more towards the contemporary but he had a more open approach than Joinery. I put the emphasis on the film angle. The gallery is small made up of two rooms with a half dividing wall. Its such an informal space, very informal you could easily hang 40+ small to medium prints. Like joinery they would need to see the work. The cost would be €500 for the week. Marketing and help with design and layout is provided. We would need to check if they take a further commission and require our help in manning the exhibition.
    Peter's a good guy, as is Niall (That's if Niall is still working there). I'd be on good talking terms with both, and a few other folk involved in there.

If there's more interest in Monster Truck, I might pop up in a bit.

If there's work to be done on a proposal, I'll gladly do my bit, but I'll be quite tied up with a rather large show of my own until late next week (Ugh... stressssss)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was just speaking with the arts officer in Airfield and she said the situation is a bit different this year. They want to promote and give priority to exhibitions and events relating to the programs and activities which they run. This means there will be less chances for "outside groups" to run exhibitions but she did say we can still apply. A formal application needs to be made and they will then consider us. They would have space from September onwards.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I was just speaking with the arts officer in Airfield and she said the situation is a bit different this year. They want to promote and give priority to exhibitions and events relating to the programs and activities which they run. This means there will be less chances for "outside groups" to run exhibitions but she did say we can still apply. A formal application needs to be made and they will then consider us. They would have space from September onwards.
    That sounds positive, we could offer to do a few presentations as part of their program and run these in conjunction with the exhibition. A presentation on film photography, showing the public how to present their photographs. A darkroom workshop. Run the exhibition as part of a an overall photography weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    You could turn it round and say what it is. "Pure Silver" for example?

(Not that it's any of my business as I'm not in Ireland - it's just good to see people promoting analogue photography )
    Ag Grains 2009

Sounds like a wheat farming / AGriculture exhibit
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin