Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,159   Online: 804
      
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 119
  1. #51
    hughitb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    230
    Images
    9
    There is also a place called the Joy Gallery opposite the Gate Theatre. Don't know much about it but I reckon it's a similar operation to Monster Truck/Joinery.
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dublin/Waterford
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    34
    Is that the spot up the back street? I think it used be a nightclub in the 70's? Could be wrong with that, but if it is, I think it's slightly more suited to contemporary sculpture than photography...

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Celbridge, Co. Kildare
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    40
    I'd be interested as well....June

  4. #54
    thefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trim, Ireland.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,034
    Images
    37
    I checked out The Mill Theater in the Dundrum Town Centre which sounds very good. They have two gallery areas which visitors have to walk through when going to the theater. This along with its location in the town centre provides a lot of traffic passing through as they are open during the day. They only charge 25% commission on sales which is very reasonable but unfortunately they are booked out till the end of this year.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

    "you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    104
    yup im up 4 it

  6. #56
    hughitb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    230
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I checked out The Mill Theater in the Dundrum Town Centre which sounds very good. They have two gallery areas which visitors have to walk through when going to the theater. This along with its location in the town centre provides a lot of traffic passing through as they are open during the day. They only charge 25% commission on sales which is very reasonable but unfortunately they are booked out till the end of this year.
    That sounds pretty ideal. Pity there are booked up .... should remember this as a good option for something next year.

    Airfield still sounds like the best bet so far if we can get it.
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dublin/Waterford
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    34
    Actually, the Lighthouse Cinema in Smithfield do have exhibitions. It's quite an unusual space, but I've seen a very successful MACW exhibition there. Plenty of white walls.

    I'm pretty open to anything, will keep on putting up suggestions until I'm told to stop

  8. #58
    hughitb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    230
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by fajitas! View Post
    Actually, the Lighthouse Cinema in Smithfield do have exhibitions. It's quite an unusual space, but I've seen a very successful MACW exhibition there. Plenty of white walls.

    I'm pretty open to anything, will keep on putting up suggestions until I'm told to stop
    MACW? I googled this and came up with Mid Atlantic Chamionship Wrestling ... I'm guessing that's not right :-)

    Lighthouse Cinema is an interesting suggestion ....
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

  9. #59
    thefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trim, Ireland.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,034
    Images
    37
    Well a few of these venues need to be approached with scans of some of our work so do we need to agree on a theme before we can do this?

    Its getting very late for this year and I agree with Hugh that Airfield may be the best option again.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

    "you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

  10. #60
    hughitb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    230
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Well a few of these venues need to be approached with scans of some of our work so do we need to agree on a theme before we can do this?
    I would think the theme of analogue photographers working in Ireland is enough, no?

    No matter the venue though we need to put something together for a submission. We can always submit to multiple venues and see what pans out.

    I have an idea here. I'm not sure how one would normally make a submission like this but we could use one of these online services like:

    http://www.blurb.com

    to make a short printed soft cover book with examples of our work, some short blurb about our proposed exhibition, and some information about the photographers involved (most of which can probably come from the blurb about last years one). My missus made a book in this fashion - it was easy to do and turned out really well. It will cost some money (40 or 50 euros or so but we can split that) and there is a turnaround time of 7-10 days but it might be a relatively painless way to put together a very professional looking submission.

    Is this overkill?

    If people think this is the way to proceed I would be quite happy to take care of producing it, on the basis of people sending me scans/info and so on. I have to do one for something else anyway .... I might let someone else take care of approaching the venues and talking to them once it's done though.


    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Its getting very late for this year and I agree with Hugh that Airfield may be the best option again.
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin