Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,083   Online: 964

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A well put together proposal, accompanied by a DVD of our work and a statement from each of us would be the best way.

MACW? I googled this and came up with Mid Atlantic Chamionship Wrestling ... I'm guessing that's not right :-)
    Fine Art; Masters - Art in the Contemporary World :P

(Yes, I know how wanky that sounds, hence writing MACW )

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I feel that we should combine "No Pixels -2009" with the founding of a APUG group as suggested by Fintan, and have among its aims the holding of an annual exhibition. It would be so much better to meet in person and see who could contribute what towards the organising of an exhibition.

TEX

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    "No Pixels" is so negative - it is reminiscent of a scene from Father Ted ("Down With This Sort Of Thing!"). I prefer to see a positive image being projected!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tell me to mind my own business but I would agree with Droog, "No Pixels" does come across a bit negative. Gives me a vision of a bunch of grumpy disgruntled film photographers showing their work:-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I thought we sorted the name out Vincent? Five or six people have agreed on Pure Silver so lets go for that.

I did a lot of work last year but can't do so again this year. If this is going to progress then we need volunteers to do the following asap.

Write a proposal and send it with some scans to some of the possible galleries we have mentioned. The text about Apug Ireland in Airfield's booklet last year was good. I can email a few scans today to whoever wants to take on this job.

As I posted before, Airfield have changed their rules on who they let in so here is the application info they sent me:

"Airfield is a national cultural resource set in a 35 acre country estate in the heart of Dublin. Our artistic programme is inspired by nature and the rhythm of the seasons and we present work by artists that responds to and animates the unique place and purpose of Airfield.

At Airfield we are keen to exhibit work of high quality by practicing artists as well as encouraging new work. In particular, we will show work relating to the natural world.

Airfield finalises its public programme for each seasonal brochure many months in advance and applicants are encouraged to apply nine months or more ahead of their requested exhibition slot. Please note that commission to Airfield for sold works is 25% of listed price.

Applications should include:

A minimum of six photographs or images on CD for individual applications. In the case of group applications please include a representative sample of work of all members. Images should be titled
    A paper copy of with titles of images that are on the CD. Please include artists name and medium
    A covering letter (paper copy) with your preferred exhibition period and contact details
    A paper copy of artist’s CV or profile of your artists group
    A paper copy of your exhibition proposal describing what you hope to exhibit (including number of works and dimensions)
    A paper copy of artist’s statement or statement by the group which describes your ethos and the philosophy behind your work
    A stamped self addressed envelope or appropriate package if you require your materials to be returned to you.

Notification
    Airfeld will acknowledge receipt of your proposal in writing. As submissions for the year long programme are assessed on an ongoing basis the average turnaround for decisions is three months but a longer period may be required. Space is limited so a decision not to exhibit should not be seen as a reflection on the work. Successful applicants will be required to sign an exhibitions contract before commencement of their project."
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lads,
    Don't mind my use of the title "No Pixels" it is the content of my post that I feel is more important.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm off on holidays on June 24th and just realised I have about 4 big projects/jobs to get out of the way before then so I won't have as much time to spend on this as I previously thought. Also, my printer is buggered.

But .... I volunteer to collect the scans from everyone and produce a few copies of the CD/DVD/whatever. I know that's not a huge contribution ....

Tex's point about meeting to establish the group first and taking it from there makes sense all right but it is inevtiably going to delay proceedings and hence potentially work against any chance we have of getting this together this year. I dunno. I could go either way on this one ...
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would Dublin be the handiest meeting point if we were to meet up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tex/Hugh, there is the assumption that creating the group first is the way forward however not everyone that expressed interest in the exhibition has expressed interest in the group.

So I'm not sure the best way forward to be honest.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I count 13 people who have expressed interest in an exhibition and 11 people who have shown interest in a group/ club/ society/ gathering/ let's meet down at the boozer/ whatever. 11 have expressed interest in both and I'm not checking the list twice. So lets form the group/etc and take it from there. I suggest that we meet in Dublin on Saturday 20th. June at 3:00 pm. Now someone else suggest the venue and consider what a suitable Agenda should contain (apart from a split)

Cheers
    TEX

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin