Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,961   Online: 897

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter you are reading too much into the word club, which is now actually removed from the thread title.

I don't wish to exclude anyone, I do wish to setup a more organised group with a planned set of actvities and events and not the freewheeling that we are doing now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ok "group" or "society" but my question remains the same bud.
    Last edited by thefizz; 05-15-2009 at 05:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't wish to exclude anyone and I can't speak for a group that hasn't been formed yet. How could I?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    As a member of a club I am surprised at the disdain with which these organisations are viewed. In the last year we have travelled to Prague, Iceland and Normandy along with other venues closer to home. We have an exhibition every year and members decide their own participation level. One really can learn from and enjoy engaging in projects and shooting 'in the field' with others.

I already consider myself a member of APUG Ireland and the idea of a decision-making structure seems a good one. With such a structure in place we probably would have met up in Spring this year and things like the exhibition become easier to put in place.

Andrew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

APUG IRELAND

I attach 2 articles that I prepared when I set about starting what I think is a similar type group within DCC. Article 1 was to encourage members to join the group & Article was a brief introduction to the concept of the members who joined.
    The group lasted several years and held 6 exhibitions within the Dublin region. Our last exhibition was DEVELOPMENTS and was held in the DCC as a one off get together for old time sake.
    The group has since gone its separate ways (Fixer difference of opinion)
    I attach the articles as an aid to discussion and not as to how to set up a photo group.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARTICLE 1.jpg   ARTICLE 2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two very interesting posts Andrew and TEX, thanks. Food for thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    hi all, definitely would be interested in trad film group/club! i am a member of a club here in celbridge but reckon i am one of the few, if not the only, member submitting traditional pics, not sure if some of the judges even know that they're film pics, very disheartening. would love the idea of meeting up with people who are doing what i do. please keep me in the loop, regards june

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far we have firm interest from;

Fintan
    Mel
    Síle
    Hugh
    Eddie
    Andrew
    June

Anyone else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me in also please.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great George

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin