Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,047   Posts: 1,561,005   Online: 1045

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a note to say that it was great to meet up with you all at the IFI on Saturday.

I met with the PI group in the Morrison Hotel yesterday for a print exchange and it proved to be a nice enough venue. Seating was comfortable and light wasn't too bad - windows to two sides. Being the Morrison the drink and food cost a bit more than you'd expect but it was nice all the same.Staff didn't seem to mind that we were showing prints around, so that was good.

Ideally one would prefer a venue like the National Gallery restaurant which has great overhead natural light but more restricted opening hours - maybe everyone could keep an eye out for other venues?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes George it was good to meet you and everyone else. What impressed me was that we all seemed to be of the same mind regarding the purpose of the group. For 8 people to show up is in my opinion also very encouraging. I'm looking forward to when next we meet to view prints.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    35mm

ifi saturday

hi all, it certainly was great to meet face to face, and i too was delighted that we all seemed of like mind. i will keep a look out for suitable spaces for our first print view meet up. june

Shooter
    35mm

re get together last june in ifi

Hi all, not sure if there's another get together in anybody's mind yet but I'll be away for the first 3 weeks in September. I'd like to be at the next one so could y'all keep those weeks in mind? Thanks and cu all soon, hopefully. June

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The end of September would be a good time to have a get together, we said we would meet up and show a few prints. Can we agree a date and venue, at the last meeting we suggested a Hotel lobby, I was in Temple Bar Hotel lobby and thought it would make a good meeting venue. Any other suggestions or ideas. Shoud we start a new tread for this "get together"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope this died a natural death,there is something annoying about forming groups inside groups after all what does the 'G' stand for

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eunified61 View Post
    I hope this died a natural death,there is something annoying about forming groups inside groups after all what does the 'G' stand for
    Ehmmm...but this is not a group within a group.

It is the Irish APUG group.

About a dozen APUG'rs met up last Saturday for a few hours to look at prints and discuss our current work and it was great to see the diversity of projects that people are working on.

There is no feel of a different 'club' or group about our meet ups because if there was I for one would certainly not turn up to them (scroll back to post 9 of this thread for my feelings on clubs).

Instead, we swapped ideas on film, paper, processes, techniques and even our motives behind the work we are currently doing as individuals and I have to say it was very worthwhile.

I spoke a bit about my zone plate projects, Martin showed fantastic pinhole images and lith prints, Brian and Vincent each showed their unique IR images, Paul had a great selection of prints with him, Hugh had an amazing body of 5x4 work on concert venues/gigs, Eddie produced great lith prints and holga work, Peter had superb prints (as usual), and Rafal produced 8 stunning landscapes from his upcoming expo which is due to open in Krakow, Poland very shortly..and that's just to mention a few.

APUG'rs from all around the country are welcome to attend if they have the time and there are no 'rules' as such.

I found it really useful and dare I say it...we had some fun.

We have a meet up in December (see the other thread) and it would be great if you could come along. It's only a couple of times a year that we get together and the people are all very keen photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My feeling is that it is a unique feature of APUG that we meet online yet we have a natural need to show our analogue, non-digitised prints face-to-face in those smaller, geographically implied circles. I had been very stimulated by this aspect of APUG and to my mind it makes it unique on the web, at least as far as my interests go.

At the spring meeting this group gave me superb feedback on my printing which had influenced, in the best possible way, the photographs I brought last week. This time I got feedback about my mounting and presentation, which would be quite impossible to do just online.

I hope that our meetings continue and perhaps become even a bit more frequent as long as the interest is there and the logistics allow.

See you some time, in person, if you wish. You would be very welcome, I am sure.

Rafal
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, you Irish are very tolerant of rude people. It's very difficult to form a worthwhile photography group, well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys, my 2 cents, I have to say I for one really enjoyed the meet up and to be honest was busy on Sunday with the IPF shield but Monday & Tuesday I was back in the darkroom for hours getting prints ready for the next meet up, I do enjoy the web stuff but did enjoy the meet up even more, I'd like to think that at some stage, it may take a while maybe years but perhaps I could bring something of interest or even advice to a meeting, from what I've seen so far I'd like to say well done to all for all the encouragement and support that is given to the film users in Ireland, keep it up.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin