Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,180   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG Ireland Group

Would there be any interest in forming a club/society for Irish APUGers? Perhaps in 2010?

I know some people are already in clubs and I wouldn't be proposing to replace these clubs but I was thinking there is a need for a traditional film only group in Ireland.

We could probably do with formalising the meetups across a year not as we go along. And likewise for exhibitions etc.

I'd be thinking of perhaps

4 meetups a year in different spots around Ireland to shoot 'n' show
    1 exhibition
    A yearbook
    A short trip abroad to another APUG Regional Group
    Small membership fee and insurance
    Elected committee

Am I off the rails or is this of interest to anyone?

Fintan

Shooter
    35mm
    that sounds like a good plan Fintan

Mel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds not only feasible but like a really great idea Fintan!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I lived there, I would join Fintan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    If I lived there, I would join Fintan!
    Agreed. I'd be there in a heartbeat (unless Peter was attending!)
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm thinking.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    I'm thinking.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
    Uh oh.. we're all in trouble...
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for the replies, we'll leave the thread open for a week or two and see what the numbers look like and take it from there.

LOL at Tex, I have visions of you tapping that . key like a manic woodpecker

and thanks Bill and Dinesh , honorary membership granted (if we ever get this gig off the ground)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Agreed. I'd be there in a heartbeat (unless Peter was attending!)
    Peter is banned, he hasn't chimed in yet so he is banned, lifetime ban Mr Fizz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not fond of the name Apug Club....although in fairness, who the hell am I to object as I am only an occasional visitor to this site.

I'm sorry but to me it conjures up an image of the dandruff and leather elbow patch types who used to (perhaps still do?) inhabit the club photography scene here in Ireland.

Am I being too unfair with that? Sorry, not meant to offend but it's just how I feel.

Would I be correct in saying that the Apug group gets together mainly to shoot film and exhibit images? There is no competitive element as such and that in my opinion can only be a good thing because people don't get pigeon-holed into shooting a certain way or a certain type of image that will please a 'judge'.

Originality should rule where images are concerned.

Maybe it could be called the Apug Film Group instead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George you could say that about every club, theres always that element. Lets call it a group instead for the moment.

If we get a dozen members or so interested enough, we can meet and make decisions on names, competitions etc. Personally I dont want competitions but I would go with a majority verdict.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin