Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,347   Online: 771

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

BBC 4 Photography night Saturday 27th

A full night of quality Photography programming being repeated on BBC 4 tomorrow Saturday

Anyone with a sky dish can see it on BBC4, its free to air. If you dont have access this way you can watch online here

21:30–22:30 Lee Miller: A Crazy Way of Seeing
    Profile of 20th century photographer and journalist Lee Miller.

22:30–23:30 Imagine Annie Leibovitz - Life Through a Lens
    Alan Yentob and Barabara Leibovitz present an intimate portrait the American photographer.

23:30–00:20 Arena Linda McCartney - Behind the Lens
    An Arena special focusing on Linda McCartney's photographic career.

00:20–01:15 Omnibus Eve Arnold - In Retrospect
    Profile of photographer Eve Arnold, whose subjects included Dietrich, Crawford and Monroe.

01:15–02:05 Sharon Chazan: Just Enough Distance
    Documentary about the life, work and untimely death of photographer Sharon Chazan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    PVR all set to record. Thanks for the heads up!
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Looks like I will have to move to Ireland just so I can find something to watch on Television; however, I will first have to buy a TV.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for that. I usually browse through the Radio Times for what's on BBC4 but hadn't done so and would probably have missed this but for your post. I went to the Lee Miller exhibition in London about 2 years ago and it was well worthwhile. The TV programme about her should be interesting.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I missed this thread but fortunately caught the first programmes - what a great night. Just a shame the programmes were like buses and all came at once. For those of us who don't have copying set up (there's hardly anything worth recording so haven't got around to it) it was a marathon. I fell asleep before the last two but had I known they are not available on iplayer I would have made strong coffee. If anyone knows how to get access to these (Eve Arnold and Sharon Chazan) I'd be interested in knowing how/where. Pity also they didn't show the unavailable progs earlier as the first ones are available.
    Regardless, it really cheered me up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I saw this on another forum and for some reason, thought it was Sunday. I now see it was last night! Grrr, angry face thingy, etc.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    Looks like I will have to move to Ireland just so I can find something to watch on Television; however, I will first have to buy a TV.
    Probably best to do it the other way round!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I seem to have got the availability wrong - as of now anyway the only prog still available on iplayer is the Annie Leibovitz documentary
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...hrough_a_Lens/

Shooter
    35mm
    It was a good night. The Lee Miller prog was particularly interesting. That lady really led a "full life" in every sense of the word. In contrast we had the very grounded Eve Arnold and Linda McCartney progs. Both ladies were refreshingly down to earth and were easy to connect with.

The final prog was about a young photog who met a tragic end as a result of the "human condition" and its consequences. A form of tragedy without conscious evil and was a depressing note on which to end the night but still well worth watching.

I found the Anne Leibovitz prog to be the least interesting one of the evening but this in a relative term vis a vis the rest rather than an outright "thumbs down" verdict on it.

If its repeated it's well worth watching

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin