Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,918   Online: 1167

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

AGFA COLOUR CN S Development?

Hi All,

Yet ANOTHER old fim find,3rd in 6 months!!!

This time it's colour Agfa colour CN S.

I understand from my research that it is processed using the C 22 method,The C41 process is apparently at much higher temperature and not suitable.

Anyone in Ireland still using this process,or any advice appreciated.

Eugene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The CN series had several processes IIRC. I remember the film types went roughly with the process #, and so there was a CN-17 and etc. Does your film have a type number? If not, then it might be C-22 compatible.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Photo Engineer,

It says "Agfacolor SPECIAL CNS negativfilm",it's written in German plus English ie HIER FALTEN then FOLD HERE

Thanks

Eugene

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ron,

`Agfacolor CNS´ (without number) was the designation of the film which in 1968 replaced the Agfacolor 17M (double-masked). It took the same Agfacolor-process.
    Agfacolor films never used C-22, but skipped it and used C-41 since 1978.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I had forgotten that "skip". Thanks for the correction. Then this is the one after the CN-17 process, right? IDK that process at all, but I have the CN-17 process formulas here somewhere. I even had an old Kit.

BTW, my CN17 does not appear masked either. I had a lot of that from years ago.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Ron,

Agfacolor films never used C-22, but skipped it and used C-41 since 1978.
    That's brought back a memory from student days in the 70's when my local photo shop sent a dozen or so of my Agfa CN17 films to the local (cheapy?) wholesale processing lab, who put them through C-22! Despite my pointing this out and requesting that they be sent to the official lab which Agfa had in the UK in those days!

That was the end of my business with that shop for ever, and I swapped totally to Kodak products for color after that (though it wasn't Agfa's fault).
    The pics were from a special student vacation which I'd saved up for over a couple of years, but fortunately my friends also taken pics and put together a set of their prints.

(The shop did give me a dozen free films, but only after threats of a lawyer!)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    burkie,

Back then Tetenal offered their "Tetenal Neofin Color", for films like CN-17. As one-shot processing that should do well with CNS.
    Neofin Color was offered in ampules and those seem still to show up sometimes.
    But with that old film don't expect too much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a UK lab who still process C22 or Agfacolor films.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    burkie,

Back then Tetenal offered their "Tetenal Neofin Color", for films like CN-17. As one-shot processing that should do well with CNS.
    Neofin Color was offered in ampules and those seem still to show up sometimes.
    Ah, I'd forgotten the Tetenal chemicals in sealed glass ampules, which you broke off the stem to open. Neofin Blue and Neofin Red. They had a reputation for lasting "for ever"! (Makes me feel old. )

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Though those samples from that lab seem rather good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin