Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,504   Online: 1138

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yee lazy gits, I have made two nice lith prints from the day, mounted and all:-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martinhughesireland View Post
    Yee lazy gits, I have made two nice lith prints from the day, mounted and all:-)
    Ah Martin, obviously you don't understand the workings of film like Peter and myself. When film has been exposed to light, the silver halides go crazy and rush around all over the place. It takes time for them to settle down again and this is why Peter and myself allow time for it to mature with its latent image before we subject it to chemical baths.
    The resulting images speak for themselves, strong ,mature and manly. I'll not pass judgement on your work but surely you don't expect them to be in the same league as ours.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Same as you Vincent lots of negs developed but very few prints made, I will have to get stuck in soon. fair play to you Martin looking forward to seeing your prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martinhughesireland View Post
    The force is strong in you Martin, your progression to the dark side has been very promising, I've thought you well.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    yea yea Vincent I here yea, wheres me Violin... I look forward to seeing these "strong", "mature" and "manly" master pieces in March :-)

You sure did Peter, a super job:-)
    Last edited by martinhughesireland; 02-02-2010 at 02:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: the spelling

Shooter
    35mm

a day 'shooting'

hmmmmm all this manly manly stuff, explore your feminine side lads, expect to see all those 'strong manly prints' in nice pastel mounts, a bit a ribbon on the side even? i'll definitely have to go on the next outing, there must be something in that country air

Shooter
    35mm
    It's probably not the right thread but as I know most of you I hope you won't mind. Took lots of pics in Australia last September, very bright sunshine, and I have some overexposed negs that I'd like to print. Any other suggestions other than preflashing the paper (thank you Peter!), using filters etc etc? The prints I've done are coming out so 'black and white' they're almost like lith prints(?). Want to bring some to the next print 'meet and show' which is why I am asking here, very tenuous connection I know. June

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi June, I presume you have tried split grade printing in combination with the flashing?

Another technique to try is water bath development. Place a try of water beside your developing tray at the same temperature. Put the paper in the developer as normal and when the blacks start to emerge, transfer the print to the water bath by gently sliding it in without agitation.

The developer will quickly exhaust in the shadow areas but continue to develop the highlights. If you decide the blacks are not dark enough, you can put the print back into the developer for a short while and then back into the water bath. This can be done along with flashing and split grade printing.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    yep am doing 199y then 170m but will try the water bath idea and let you know. thanks for that, june

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin