Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,713   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Any new photo gear for Christmas?

To my Irish apug colleagues, did any of you get any nice photo related presents or spoil yourself on any new gear for Christmas?

I got a great deal on a mint VCP7005 Kaiser colour enlarger from www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk. They even through in a free colour safe light having already given me a good discount.

I have purchased from them in the past and always found them good to deal with.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Trying not to buy any photo gear unless I have a very good reason and really need it these days.
    Definitively no more cameras or lenses...

What I did purchase in the last month:

-A 2nd hand 16x20inch dish warmer for 23 pounds on ebay (to keep me lith dev up to temp...)
    -A 2nd hand 10 stop ND filter for 30 euro on PI
    -A pack of 10 bulbs for 38 euro, for my kaiser enlarger from ebay

Congrats on the Kaiser, have one myself as you know. Super enlargers

M
    Last edited by martinhughesireland; 01-07-2010 at 11:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've bought Mamiya RB67 Pro S with Sekor 90/3.8, 2 film holders, polaroid holder etc. for my Christmas Also an Meopta Magnifax 6x9 enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i was given a blackrapid camera strap.
    it is the bomb!
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done on the dish warmer Martin, I know you have wanted one for a while now. They are so handy.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife knows that photogrpahy is my hobby/passion/obsession, yet knows it is beyond her to know what to get me. So I got a gift card from my favourite bricks and mortar local camera store, Burlington Camera. It is where I always try to buy from first before shopping online from the big boys here or there.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Berlebach tripod, purchased by my wife (after sending her an eMail with a hint link).
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    To my Irish apug colleagues, did any of you get any nice photo related presents or spoil yourself on any new gear for Christmas?
    Forgive me for not being Irish (a sad failing!) but if I may reply anyway I was given a tripod bag. It's one of the Jessops line and fits the Slik 88 that I use like a glove.

Funny, but in the video work that I sometimes do for work I'd never dream of taking an unclothed tripod anywhere (possibly because with fancy fluid-damped heads etc they cost more than any car I've ever owned) but already I'm seeing the advantages of not getting my tripod bashed, not having it bash other things and making it a lot easier to carry with the bag's shoulder strap.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My wife bought me a nikon f4s from keh. It was rated ugly and real cheap. However when it came, it was beautiful. One man's ugly is another man's beauty. ;-).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sad to say I got nothing nice, agreed a year or so back to cut down on the camera gear and have been managing this quite well. Only thing i did was pick up two pocket wizards for triggering flash remotely. Good luck everyone with all the new gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin