Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,653   Online: 1138

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Film Camera Club in Dublin

Is it a runner to set up a film only camera club in the Dublin area? and who would be interested? Those interested can reply or email me hughennis@hotmail.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Theres a few of us that are trying to meet up every few months to show darkroom prints. We meet to take pictures every now and again also. Were meeting up next month if your interested to show prints, see link below
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum237/...er-2010-a.html

Not sure what sort of a club your talking about. Me personally im not into competitions and all that, depends on the type of club your talking about to be honest...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would be inclined to agree with Martin. An informal group that meets to show prints or take photo's has more appeal to me. I've been involved (and still am) in camera clubs for more than 30 years. The idea of going into another club based purely on the fact that I like to shoot film does not hold any attraction for me.

Cheers
    Vincent
    PS Check out our next meeting details.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I'll take that as a no! lol maybe it's just that analogies are not herd animals prefering for the most part to do their own thing .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I do like to do my own thing sometimes but also like to take pictures with other people (film or digital) also. I met up with four other photographers on Thursday afternoon to take some pictures. I'm meeting another bunch of film and digital photographers next month for a days shooting in the Mourne mountains.... so its not that I like to do my own thing all the time

I prefer informal meetings, I just find it much more easy going that way and there tends to be less arguing and politics in the long run. I don't want to just meet for the sake of meeting up or to kick off some new competition that I have no interest in joining...

:-)
    M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As a chairperson of photography society, I don't see the appeal of film camera club. I have seen camera clubs where all they discuss is cameras, equipment, etc and very rarely discuss actual images. I want to be in a photography society to take photos and see other peoples photos not to discuss cameras, etc.
    I do like the idea of meeting up informally to show and discuss analogue prints though.

Darragh

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Sorry Darragh maybe the phrase "Film Camera Club" is misleading you and others - what I really had in mind was a "Darkroom Print Club" where analoge print enthusiasts could share ideas critique etc. I too despair of "gearheads" and avoid with varying degrees of success the temptation to become one!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    To Darragh & hughennis,

I think you guys might enjoy our get together where we just show our prints and talk photography in an informal way. Our next meeting is towards the end of March in the Dublin Photographic Centre, Camden St. Check out Martin's first post in this tread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin