Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,241   Online: 1017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any new places to shoot.

Hi guys/gals,

Is there any new places to shoot out there, I'm doing a lot around the Kildare Laois border area, haven't done much in Dublin and only a little in Wicklow, what is everyone else at?, should a thread be put up with a list of locations or is that silly, I've a few spots that I'd like to share, what does everyone think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi there Paul...and welcome to Irish APUG.

Last December a group of us met up in Carlingford, Co Louth and spent a nice day shooting and had a spot of lunch and a chat. I really enjoyed it.

In fact I have just scanned a few pics up on my flickr page. Come to think of it rather than listing out the various sites I have photographed it might be as handy to take a scoot through it (assuming I am permitted to attach the link?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seoirseosial/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Seoirse, thanks for that, you've given me a few ideas, give me a shout if you're looking for places around Laois & Kildare, I may have some images that I can scan and put up at some stage. Paul
    Last edited by paulgallinule; 09-01-2010 at 12:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem Paul.

I may take you up on that offer.
    Last edited by seoirse; 09-01-2010 at 02:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Glendalough is looking good was down there with my son at the weekend, will look even better in a few weeks time when the leaves change colour. Mullingar lakes are also worth a visit especially in winter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallinule View Post
    Hi guys/gals,

Is there any new places to shoot out there, I'm doing a lot around the Kildare Laois border area, haven't done much in Dublin and only a little in Wicklow, what is everyone else at?, should a thread be put up with a list of locations or is that silly, I've a few spots that I'd like to share, what does everyone think.
    Sounds like a good idea for a thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have any of you guys gone to Lough Boora Parklands near Tullamore, a bit of everything going on there, wildlife, a couple of average sized lakes, scultpures, bog land to beat the bands and lots of macro, I'll try and get the sat nav numbers when I'm next there, Paul.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Spotted some really cool looking trees just off the new section of Dublin - Belfast road/motorway, from the Camlough rd roundabout to the Sheepbridge inn, both directions, seems to have some really promising scenes. Just waiting for the right day.

Slightly concerned about leaving my car on the side of the road though. Am I being silly?

Sinead

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use flickr to find places to take pictures especially if its an area I dont know to well, I just do a search for a place name or county etc...Getting into the car and going for a drive around country backroads looking over hedges can also help find places to take pictures...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sinead, I know what you mean about your car, you are sometimes taking your life into your hands walking anywhere near any road, hard to know what advice to give you but you're not being silly, Paul
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin