Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,651   Online: 939

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys, enjoyed that print showing today, look forward to next years, Paul
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lots of impressive work on display today.

We had a lot of good laughs too.

Thanks Vincent for organising the venue.

Maybe we will be able to meet sometime in December for a shoot ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also wanted to thank Vincent for organizing the showing and I would like to thank everyone for your encouragement and good advice. I find these meetings extremely helpful, and of course fun to attend. As a result of the feedback you gave me at the previous one in spring I have reprinted two of my pictures in a way that is more expressive, I think.

By the way, may I ask what is Eddie's nickname on APUG? I'd love to ask him about that Wicklow supplier of conservation mount board.

See you all again, and thanks,
    Rafal
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    I also wanted to thank Vincent for organizing the showing and I would like to thank everyone for your encouragement and good advice. I find these meetings extremely helpful, and of course fun to attend. As a result of the feedback you gave me at the previous one in spring I have reprinted two of my pictures in a way that is more expressive, I think.

By the way, may I ask what is Eddie's nickname on APUG? I'd love to ask him about that Wicklow supplier of conservation mount board.

Rafal
    Rafal,

Eddie is known the world over as monosnaps.

Best of luck with your expo in Krakow. I'm sure it will be a huge success !

Regards,
    George.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a great meetup. I regret I could not make it, something I only found out quite late in the day, but look forward to the next one.

Martin - my apologies, I was looking forward to seeing that Berlin print, and having a chat about shooting in Berlin before I head over there in a month or two.

George - I've been busy the last month or two pressing your old Durst into service, and look forward to having some finished prints to show for my efforts at the next meetup, with more than a small nod to Peter for all the knowledge gleaned from several of his workshops!

Damien

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd also like to thank Vincent for organising the venue again.

Sorry you missed it Damien. Expecting great things from you next time
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    Sounds like a great meetup. I regret I could not make it, something I only found out quite late in the day, but look forward to the next one.

Martin - my apologies, I was looking forward to seeing that Berlin print, and having a chat about shooting in Berlin before I head over there in a month or two.

George - I've been busy the last month or two pressing your old Durst into service, and look forward to having some finished prints to show for my efforts at the next meetup, with more than a small nod to Peter for all the knowledge gleaned from several of his workshops!

Damien
    Pity you couldn't make it Damien.

Glad to hear you are getting some use out of the Durst. It's a fine enlarger.
    Ironically the Durst I replaced it with sat down on me a couple of weeks back (a problem with a ceramic lampholder) and I could not show any of my new work yesterday.

However, at the next meet up I will have that situation rectified.

Talk soon,
    George.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Expecting great things from you next time
    Lol, hoping to get a few decent chunks of time in the darkroom over the next few months, and see if I can't tame a few of those problematic negatives with some of the techniques you showed

Quote Originally Posted by seoirse View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting some use out of the Durst. It's a fine enlarger.
    Ironically the Durst I replaced it with sat down on me a couple of weeks back (a problem with a ceramic lampholder) and I could not show any of my new work yesterday.
    George, it's proven itself a great little machine. It's done a little travelling (moved twice), but it has a permanent home now in my little darkroom in Waterford, and I usually get to put it through its paces every third week when I'm down there.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your own enlarger - I'm sure it will take more than that to keep you down!

Damien

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post

Rafal
    Rafal

Put up the details on Vincents new questions and answers post.
    Last edited by monosnaps; 11-15-2010 at 01:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks again to everyone, great afternoon, always enjoy these sessions. I was late in so missed the coffee meet up before the main event. A bit of lunch before the meet up is a nice idea we might develop for the next one.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin