Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,567   Online: 875

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    George,

I have a little gizmo for working out the exposures for large F stop numbers like F150. Very easy to use and I find it great... Let me try to make one for you

I use Ilford HP5+ for my pinholes. I rate it at iso 200 and dev in xtol or id11.
    ID11 seems to produce the better negs for print for 4x5 pinholes. My times in ID-11 are 1+3 for 13 mins. NOTE: I only ever shoot pinholes in bright light. At F132 which is near F150 this gives me an exposure time of between 1 and 10 seconds but its normally 4 seconds (these times include reciprocity failure). My two reasons for using HP5+ are that its available in Gunns at a good price and it also has lots of exposure latitude

Have fun
    M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by martinhughesireland View Post
    George,

I have a little gizmo for working out the exposures for large F stop numbers like F150. Very easy to use and I find it great... Let me try to make one for you

I use Ilford HP5+ for my pinholes. I rate it at iso 200 and dev in xtol or id11.
    ID11 seems to produce the better negs for print for 4x5 pinholes. My times in ID-11 are 1+3 for 13 mins. NOTE: I only ever shoot pinholes in bright light. At F132 which is near F150 this gives me an exposure time of between 1 and 10 seconds but its normally 4 seconds (these times include reciprocity failure). My two reasons for using HP5+ are that its available in Gunns at a good price and it also has lots of exposure latitude

Have fun
    M

Martin,

That's very useful information about the film.

I don't want you to go to too much trouble on the exposure calculator but if you feel that you could put something together for me I would be eternally grateful.

I'm looking forward to this now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin