Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,733   Online: 1109

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, very much. Might pop to the coffee place, too.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope everyone had a good time today, I ended up with Peter doing his IR course, looking forward to the Autumn print showing.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallinule View Post
    Hope everyone had a good time today, I ended up with Peter doing his IR course, looking forward to the Autumn print showing.
    Thanks Paul, a small turnout but still a lot of prints shown and plenty of discussion on all matters analog. Rafal has his book there which sold like hot cakes.
    I think we should plan our Autumn get together early enough so as to allow time for printing.

Cheers and thanks to everyone,

vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all

Very enjoyable meeting on Saturday.

Rafal, The textured papers I was using were Fotospeed Tapestry and Kentmere Art Classic. Both long since gone off the market. I think that it is still possible to get a graded textured paper from Bergger in France. I have tried their Portrait Prestige. It has a white base, but might warm up in toner http://www.bergger.com/inter/fine.html.

I thought that textured papers were effectively lost to darkroom users forever. But by total coincidence I was looking through the current edition of B&W Magazine today and see that Ilford have announced a new paper that is getting rave reviews: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...graphic+Papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for the meeting. I enjoyed very very much, thanks for all the support and the kind words about my book.

The developer I mentioned is Ansco 130, sold by Photographer's Formulary as their "130 Paper Developer" (click here for link to the sales page). There are a few good and long-running discussions of this developer on APUG. Click here for one of the sticky threads on the subject.

I look forward to meeting you again some time in the future, sooner than later. Let me know if anyone needs assistance with your own book.

Rafal
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to seeing my copy of your book Rafal
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Peter - I hope you got the copy.
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    Hi Peter - I hope you got the copy.
    I got the book from Martin yesterday Rafal. I must say I'm very impressed, well done.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Peter! You made me blush. It's been a work of love, but now I feel I want to do another one, in a slightly larger format.

I look forward to seeing you at the next get-together, hopefully before autumn sets in.

Rafal
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin