Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,555   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Exhibition - Traces Of The Real - Hugh McCabe

Hey All.

My exhibition is going to be on next month in Dublin and I thought I might alert members here to it. The basic concept is that I take long exposure photographs from the balconies of music venues - opening the shutter at the start of the song and closing it at the end. For the last year I have been carting my 5x4 up and down the stairs of various places around town and finally I am getting around to showing the results in public. Some of you have seen some of these shots at our print showings already. Anyway, all the details are at the link below and I hope some of you can make it along.

http://tracesofthereal.com/exhibition-2011/

Hugh

ps. It should be pointed out that this exhibition is not entirely "apug-safe" if you know what I mean. While the images are shot on film they then go through a distasteful process about which we will say no more here. I am hoping I can be forgiven for this since quite a few of you here know me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tracesoftherealposter_loressmaller.jpg  
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have been following this project on your blog for a wee while and love it. Looking forward to seeing it Hugh, good luck.

Fintan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great to see you getting to the finish line with this project Hugh, well done.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best of luck Hugh, the few I saw last year looked exciting, I'll make it up one of the days that it's open, Paul.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks all ...

Peter - I'm not sure if it's the finish line. I'm kind of addicted to it now. It could just be the start :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's great news Hugh congratulations. I'll be sure to visit this when it opens. Your poster is most impressive..

vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cheers Vincent. I can't take any credit for the poster as a friend of mine designed it for me ....

Invites to the opening will be forthcoming for you all ....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shouldn't the poster read "...long exposure photographs" instead of "song exposure photographs"..?

Or was that a deliberate play on words?
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, it is supposed to be "song exposure photographs" ... I'm inventing a new genre :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations Hugh !

I'm really looking forward to getting out to Fumbally to see the full exhibition when it opens.

Judging by the work you presented at the last print showing I'm sure the full compliment of images will be absolutely super.

You should feel very proud to have put this body of work together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin