Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,434   Online: 824

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photographing Slot Canyons in Black-and-White on LF Film

Hello Everyone,

Based on previous requests, I have just finished writing an article about my personal experience of photographing Canyon X (near Page, Arizona), using my 4 x 5, where I went last week. If you are interested, have a look at: http://rafal.net/2011/10/photographi...s-in-canyon-x/ - feel free to comment, your feedback in person in Dublin, or on the web has always been much appreciated.

Looking forward to the next print showing - I hope I can make it.

Regards,
    Rafal
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good info there Rafal, thaks for sharing.

"now, where to find a slot canyon in Trim"
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Top of the morning to you, Sir, from Australia.
    I'm not an enthusiast of the B&W genre, but this doesn't mean I pass up opportunities to look and your references are very satisfying. I very much appreciate considered technical work, and your representative image is very appealing indeed: the smooth, symmetrical almost Taoist-like contortions of the rock strata are very eyecatching. The thread caught my attention because I have friends touring the USA and have just reported their walking journeys around the Colorado River at Page and Slot Canyon. There were others they reported on: Antelope Canyon (Utah). This has been well visited by LF photographers from Australia shooting in B&W and colour.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the thread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin