Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,066   Online: 707

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

A Day out Shooting in December Year 2

Following up from Peters prompt, how about a meet up for some picture taking in December. Possible dates would be Saturday 3rd, 10th, or 17th. Venue in Dublin - any suggestions and are you interested?

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm on for this but can we go somewhere other than Dublin again? Martin recently suggested the Mourne mountains as he knows some nice locations there. There may be a bit walking involved so maybe it won't suit everyone. Can you give us more info Martin?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll try and make it along, depends on the date so hope to make it, I'm easy on locations I'll tag along.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As Peter was saying: The Mourne Mountains could be an option if a few people were interested. We could do a walk up part of the Analong Valley. Its around a 4km walk up the valley and another 4km then back so 8km in total. In my opinion its possibly the nicest valley in the Mourne mountains with lots of picture opportunities. I brought another photography forum on this walk a few years ago and they enjoy it. It would be a full day in the mountains strolling along stopping to take pictures.

I have put a link to a map below that shows the track we could take. At the bottom of the map follow the dots with the dots taking the path off to the left

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...gValleyMap.jpg

We could stay over night if people wanted in somewhere like Attical which is near enough by

Anyhow up to you
    M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good day out to me and I'd be on for an overnight also.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure if I can do an overnight but we'll see where the thread goes, it does sound good all the same.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

epi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi,
    it sounds very good, wouldn't mind staying overnight.

c.u.
    epi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There doesn't seem to be much interest in the Mourne's so any other suggestions as time is running out to arrange a meet in December.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wonder if the overnighting and treking aspect is putting people off. Thats why I thought a morning out some where in Dublin would be more attractive if not exactly adventurous.

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree Vincent, I would not be interested in an overnight. The treking is not a problem though. I was up the three rock mountain a couple of months ago, when you get to the top there is a path that continues for a good while into the mountains, could do that in a morning, weather permitting, just an idea!....Brian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin