Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,229   Online: 807

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

This is What You Get When You Give a 3 Year Old a Camera

I didn't really know where to put this. I taught my 3 year old cousin how to wind and shoot my Nikonos-V camera. His mother kept freaking out about how he was going to drop it, and he would brake it, and so on. I ignored her. I figure, it's my camera and if he did brake it then too bad for me. I took that chance. And it's rated to withstand pressures about 200 feet below sea level. It can take some abuse. After getting the hang of it with no film I let him go wild with some slide film. Here's what happend...

Some times he'd the hit the shutter on accident:

Somes times he'd drop the camera:

But you'd be surprised at what the world looks like from his eyes:

Chasing his aunt:

F-4 Phantom:

The Huey:

And my favorite one, an under-wing shot of a F-5E Tiger:

The nice thing about that camera is that it's very easy to set it up so almost everything is in focus. I'm going to have to pass a camera off to kids more, you never know what you will get. And some if it's pretty good

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great stuff. Keep him going.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Great stuff. Keep him going.
    Agreed
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's amasing! The kid has got a built in leveler. It must have looked funny, a little kid with a big camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Promising.. keep on encouraging him..

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven L View Post
    That's amasing! The kid has got a built in leveler. It must have looked funny, a little kid with a big camera.
    It was a little odd, but he had a good time. This is him with the camera the night before. It's a digital shot so I've added a link to it.
    Click me

I don't get too see him much, but I will see if I can get his mom to let him have a camera too. I'd love too see him keep shooting. But if not, I have more then enough cameras to loan him one the next time I see him. Maybe next time I'll loan him the Hasselblad... If only to make his mom jealous...
    Last edited by Kav; 04-10-2012 at 01:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    His sense of line is pretty astounding for a 3 year old...

I remember using my dad's F4s and FE2s as a little kid. On occasion he'd even let me "help" with his Hasselblads or RZs...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... he surpassed my artistic abilities already.

It is great to see a kid doing anything creative that produces an end result. My own nephews are permanently glued to 'DS' machines and other games consoles that seem to absorb them utterly for many hours on end - and produce nothing external to the device or the child's mind.

Seems to me that if a child could get absorbed in photography or a musical instrument or some other artistic pursuit and put the same number of hours a day in from such an early age - there would be some serious artists about in a few years ^_^

As it is, I'm not at all sure what effect tens of thousands of hours of computer gamers will have on them?
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Excelent pictures. Thanks for sharing. Kav please post more photographic adventures together when you get a chance.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin