Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,277   Online: 1149

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A contact sheet that contained an iconic image

Sadly. Che Guevara's image has been pimped Capitalist. I see a lot of rich kids wearing his image on expensive T-shirts. I'll bet they have no idea the series of events that caused the Cuban Revolution.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/29/...ra/#more-90912
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out The Onion - America's finest news source. It is selling a T-shirt showing Che Guevara wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe they'll also have photo's of folks in China reading People Magazine with Kim Jong-Un on the cover as the "sexist man alive" also.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I'll bet they have no idea the series of events that caused the Cuban Revolution.
    Most people haven't the slightest clue of the blood thirsty psychopath they are wearing on their shirts.

It doesn't matter how many people you murder, as long as you claim it's about "fairness" and "equality." Now where have I heard that lately???
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A contact sheet that contained an iconic image

Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Maybe they'll also have photo's of folks in China reading People Magazine with Kim Jong-Un on the cover as the "sexist man alive" also.
    Or people in North Korea doing that.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The story does not refer to THE iconic image.

"Iconic" is not what it used to be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Most people haven't the slightest clue of the blood thirsty psychopath they are wearing on their shirts.

It doesn't matter how many people you murder, as long as you claim it's about "fairness" and "equality." Now where have I heard that lately???
    Revolutionary 18th century France? Or the American colonies? It certainly does have a familiar ring to it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Revolutionary 18th century France? Or the American colonies? It certainly does have a familiar ring to it.
    So true...Blood thirsty psychopaths on one's side are patriots -- on the other's side, terrorists.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post

You probably heard it talking about George WC Bush and his improvised and failed imperialist wars. He was talking "war on terror" and "protecting American interests" but bloody thirsty psychopath he is for sure, with the aggravation of bigotry and cocaine.

Che Guevara, not unlike Garibaldi, Robespierre, or George Washington (or San Martin, O'Higgins, Lenin, Mao or whoever else) was a revolutionary, and you don't make revolutions with roses and caresses. He had an ideal and devoted all his life to that ideal, and died for it. And, incidentally, he only smoked cigars

The world progresses because there is people like him (very many of them unknown). We would still be under a medieval feudal regime otherwise.

Sean capaces siempre de sentir, en lo más hondo, cualquier injusticia realizada contra cualquiera, en cualquier parte del mundo. Es la cualidad más linda del revolucionario.”

Sólo existe un sentimiento mayor que el amor a la libertad: el odio al que te la quita.”

Hasta siempre, Comandante!

PS. What distinguished the Cuban revolutionaries in the "mountain war" in Cuba is that they left the captured soldiers free as soon as they could, while the army did not take prisoners. In the long run, that is one of the reasons that shifted popular and finally army support toward the revolution.
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 11-30-2012 at 07:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billbretz View Post
    The story does not refer to THE iconic image.

"Iconic" is not what it used to be.
    Agreed, although it is also a good photo. Here's the "real" iconic image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KordaFilmRollChe.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin