Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,266   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My father took photos of the family years ago, they where in focus, but none where artisic.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My parent's parents used Kodachrome way back in the early 1960s to photograph me crawling around in what appears to be a frock (!) with a headband on (!!). Yuck! They're in focus, but motion blurred and a bit unsteady. I'm looking for the one or two where I was apparently photographed trying to ride on the back of a chihuahua. I would have tried anything in those days...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Yep. I was always amazed at how bad an 8x10 enlargement could look from a "perfectly good" negative that looked great at 3x5 ...
    Make a virtue of a necessity - print small. Most of my family's album photographs were tiny, only a few studio pictures got close to 5 x 7. The pleasure, even in my reading glasses years, is peering into the image to pick out details from the past. Incidentally, a friend of mine who has a Leica mostly prints 5 x 4", and beautifully at that. The scale gives them an intimacy, especially as he presents them in a book, that gallery sized prints so often lack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin