Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,560   Online: 1315

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereograms!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Stereograms!

I shot some stereograms recently (OK, 6 months ago) on Velvia and only recently got around to developing, scanning and combining them. They look fantastic on a 3D TV of course but if you're capable of going a bit crosseye while maintaining focus, you can see some of them here: Stereograms.

These aren't posted in the gallery because the resolution restrictions are too low. PM me with your email if you have a 3D TV and want a couple of MPO files to try out on it.

Feel free to make this into a "post your stereograms" thread...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice.
    Did you ever find decent optics for that stereo viewer you wanted to build?
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. I haven't bothered to do it yet and will probably just get one of the pre-built ones from that Berezin website.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Which camera did you use? I have an Realist,and it's a great camera. I also have a TDC projector but haven't dug it out in dog's age,and will probably go to digital for projection

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thats very cool, i remember looking civil war stereograms and thinking it was the neatest thing I have ever seen.

Great work. Keep it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quite nice. More people should do this, I think; there are stereo cameras out there at reasonable prices, mostly scale-focus with triplet lenses, and they really aren't hard to use. Mine is a Wirgin Stereo, basically a stretched version of the Edixa. Images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ntenny/tags/stereo/, unfortunately all hybrid products as I don't have an enlarger.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Sputnik, and it's probably my favourite camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    I have a Sputnik, and it's probably my favourite camera.
    Did you have to do any work on it for light leaks and so on? I've always been tempted by them, but I've been held back in part by reading that they have classically Soviet quality control.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I took it entirely to bits and cleaned everything before I used it, lined it with flocked paper so that the shiny insides were no longer shiny, fitted some light trap material around the doors, and replaced the gears on the front with the equivalent parts off a pair of slightly newer Lubitels so that I had a filter thread I could screw a lens hood into.

All of these things (apart from taking it to bits; the self-timer was a bit sticky so I thought I might as well) are necessary but none are difficult. I think it cost about $130 altogether, including the parts donor cameras, so it was far cheaper than the modern Chinese stereo camera that was (is?) available a couple of years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9295972...57606597806615

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find this fascinating. I'm installing a home theater this weekend including a 3D projector. If I can shoot 3D stills and project onto my 10' wide screen to view with the projector's active shutter glasses, I think that could be amazingly cool and fun.

Any other suggestions for cameras and such? I don't know the first thing about what stereo cameras were made and what features they had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin