Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,593   Online: 863

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    I worked in a darkroom which was designed by a left-handed person and resulted in the dev tray being placed on the far right hand side. It's not a good idea to ask opinions from left-handed people!
    Gary:

I'm left handed but I've spent much of my lifetime working in darkrooms designed by right handed people - I guess that's why I'm so flexible and adaptable .

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Leica_girl58 View Post
    This is a topic I always have a problem with. I am right-handed but left-eyed. I have composed images where the main subject is on the left side, knowing the rule about reading right to left. It feels comfortable for me, but also I compose the other way too. I guess as long as the subject doesn't look like it is leaving the photo on me, I compose both ways.
    I also read magazines from back to front then front to back.

One last thing...I paint watercolors which puts me in my left brain.

I'm getting really confused now

darlene
    HaHa..I'm quoting myself.
    I goofed...creative activites such as drawing and painting comes from the right brain and not the left as I stated before. I really did get confused.

darlene

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Then there's the old Jewish Chronicle joke

HOLD THE BACK PAGE!

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Placing main subject on the left or right?

is academic question, and you will never "set" a rule for it. Many times, after Carravagio, there was attempt to teach through set of roles, especially in England where art was at its "high". Hovewer in that way skilled painters never produced a great work, while "free" from roles always broke sich rules and made a great work.

Rules are still around in art but just for students to learn, and just after they get 'em they have to forget 'em.

And to answer your question:
    Main subject should be there where you artistic instinct say, period. If you do not have such instinct leave it to the left of the viewfinder.

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "is academic question, and you will never "set" a rule for it. Many times, after Carravagio, there was attempt to teach through set of roles, especially in England where art was at its "high"."

i was not trying to make a rule, I only noticed that I tend to do things a certain way. I had wondered if anyone else did the same and if it can stem from certain psycological or psyiological (sp?) qualities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin