Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,614   Online: 1330

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1 View Post
    "What defines artistic output"

*To white, I think the answer was found in the "thoughts, feelings, and reactions of the artist to his subject and his image." (quote: AA, autobiography)

*In contrast to Adams, "When a photograph is made, I consider it an accomplished fact. Then, I go on with the next creative effort. To brood over something irrevocably done is a waste of time"..............."If something moves me, I do not question what it is or why; I am content to be moved."
    EXCELLENT!! post, Chuck1. I agree with every word. Captured, and I will proceed to carve it in stone.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ed, I kind of lost track of this thread and sort of forgot about it after that last post from me. I checked in and saw this response from you.

It seemed very fitting to the discussion of the post. I have to admit that I am more aligned with Adams' point of view.

Thanks
    Chuck

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Donald,

your website is worth a recommendation:

donaldmillerphotography.com

All the best

Horst

Shooter
    35mm
    I have seen many interesting responses to Art vs. Photography.

What it all boils down to is quite simplistic.

ART is subjective.

“One mans garbage is another mans gold.” This statement rings true when applied to art.

There isn’t a person on this planet that can tell me what art is or what art should be. I’ll decide that for myself. If one decides that photography is not art that is fine for that individual. That is his or her opinion.

I on the other I hand find photography to be extremely artistic. We all see the world differently and our cameras lenses capture these subtle nuances.

The argument becomes redundant when one views art as subjective.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin