Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,627   Online: 724

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Simulation of Expensive

I am working on a project which simulating expensive lenses on my pictures.
    This is done by convolution of the pixels one by one .Some people are ready to help me and they are waiting my signal. It will be a time consuming and free research project and I dont want to steal peoples time for poor result.
    I took some magnificient pictures with leica but i did not compare the same image with different japanese brands .
    A - Is there huge difference between leica , canon , nikon ?
    B - Is it possible to transform a relatively poor nikon image to be taken by leica ?
    or if the first image weak , convoluated image weak also ?
    May be we must correct the reference image with reverse engineering first and than ...

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In general this would be entirely impractial for any but digital cameras, due to the complexity of registration issues.

An adaptation of this approach may be fruitful but be aware that the differences between lenses are rather non-linear.

If a cheap lens could be convolved into a good one in a general way there would be a huge incentive for it at the low end, e.g. camera phones. Less so at the highest end, where lenses are appreciated for their specific characteristics.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KB • PhotoRant • PhotoPermit • APUG flickr Robot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin