Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,437   Online: 848

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here's one of mine. a fuji 645 shot on HP5 cropped. I really like it, but no one else does

Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    here's one of mine. a fuji 645 shot on HP5 cropped. I really like it, but no one else does

6" higher and I would have liked it more . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dont know if the print carries the details, but in this image the bottoms of the pants are too dark to see. Also I think if the right 1/3rd was cropped off it would make for a tighter composition, but with enough negative space to keep the mood.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    I dont know if the print carries the details, but in this image the bottoms of the pants are too dark to see. Also I think if the right 1/3rd was cropped off it would make for a tighter composition, but with enough negative space to keep the mood.
    The print doesn't loose any of the detail (though the jpeg does). Actually, I made the image as part of my picture of the day on my blog so it was cropped to a 16:9 ratio for the project.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    6" higher and I would have liked it more . . .
    how so?

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can see detail pretty clearly in your print, Jeremy, it's very good. Perhaps other people's monitors are just too contrasty.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot an old hospital and quickly rejected the pictures I took, too garish; I was too immature to realize what I was feeling, probably still am. Ditto with this project.

Bad pics, good lessons.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    I absolutely love cemetery photos. I went on a field trip once to Kensal Green Cemetery (london) and I keep meaning to go back there. It's lovely. And there's no entry fee or camera charge like there is for Highgate.
    You could try Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park too. Another of the Magnificent Seven (the cemeteries originally opened to solve the overcrowding in all the city churchyards) and now a park and nature reserve. Also free, and not crowded. Near Bethnal Green tube.

Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've always had a hard time passing this off as interesting, but for some reason I've always been drawn towards it, and infact wanted to go back with my 4x5 and try again. Maybe I should and see if I can come up with a composition that other people like more.

Shot it with a Yashica 635 TLR on FP4+ 120.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Staircase.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris, I would hate for you to jeopardize your photo with other people's taste! The composition is spot on, and very clever.

I find that many of the "unloved" photos so far are perhaps more photographers' photographs than they are work destined to a general public. I think that's because they focus on the photographic work rather than crowd pleasing. At any rate, they are shots that resolve their maker's vision, but may not necessarily mean the same thing to someone who is not privvy to the act of making pictures.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin