Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,483   Online: 1078

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Share your "Unloved" photos!

Please share your photos that you personally like, but they dont seem to get alot of attention. Here is one of mine.
    Canon AE-1, canon 50mm f1.8 lens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old_Sac_19_-_halloween.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This one gathered attention from a member because it had not received attention, so I guess it qualifies.

BTW, great idea Darin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails space.jpg  
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Polaroid Automatic 340 loaded w/ 120 film (ISO 100) in a 6x9 adapter.
    Last edited by DannL; 05-25-2008 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a similar thread on this on my blog.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would LOVE to participate... I have many images that would "fit" the criteria ...After all, this is "the way I work".
    Right now, it is a matter of self-preservation. There is just far too much emotional reaction to anything I may say or do involving aesthetics. My only goal here at the moment is "oil on troubled waters".

I'll will be watching the thread. It sounds like a wonderful idea.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a scanner, but I would include my vast collection of tombstone/cemetery photographs. I became fascinated by tombstones of the 1700s and 1800s, and have photographed hundreds and hundred of them, usually with dramatic skies, foliage, etc. The textures of the old stone and lichens and mosses are fascinating to me. But I was told by my last girlfriend that they would not make good presents for friends. Perhaps that's why she's a former girlfriend . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I don't have a scanner, but I would include my vast collection of tombstone/cemetery photographs.
    You should visit this town, Ipswich, MA. We have many very old grave sites, the earliest dated 1647. This was the first stone marker in this "The Old North" Cemetery. Previous to that markers were wooden, and have not survived the elements.

Of course we are *no* competition for Europe, but certainly we have one of, if not the oldest, cemetery in the United States.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I don't have a scanner, but I would include my vast collection of tombstone/cemetery photographs. I became fascinated by tombstones of the 1700s and 1800s, and have photographed hundreds and hundred of them, usually with dramatic skies, foliage, etc. The textures of the old stone and lichens and mosses are fascinating to me. But I was told by my last girlfriend that they would not make good presents for friends. Perhaps that's why she's a former girlfriend . . .
    I've got tons of unloved photos.

Not sure if this is one - but I post it in "sympathy" for Terence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cemetary-for-Terence.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    You should visit this town, Ipswich, MA.
    Actually, I grew up in Somerville, and have spent loads of time all over the north shore (A.K.A. God's Country). My parents now live in Belmont, down the street from Mt Auburn Cemetery. Hardly one of Boston's oldest, but I love the Egyptian Revival gates, and the bizarre list of who is buried there. I recently came across Buckminster Fuller's grave by accident. It's also a great place to spot hawks, owls, and the occasional eagle.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I absolutely love cemetery photos. I went on a field trip once to Kensal Green Cemetery (london) and I keep meaning to go back there. It's lovely. And there's no entry fee or camera charge like there is for Highgate.

I have loads of unloved photos. I'll have to think of which ones are really really unloved to post

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin