Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,103   Online: 916

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One recipe i found said 3-4tablespoons of epsom salts per 1/2cup beer. Another just said keep adding the epsom salts until the beer can't take anymore The first recipe mentioned making swirls on glass with paper towel soaked in the solution. If my windows aren't clean now (or before hand), they probably will be after I've had to wipe on this stuff, then wipe it off a few hundred times before I get the right look...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need to watch Wallace and Gromit's "Cracking Contraptions" for details of the Christmas Card-o-Matic.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ISTR gallic acid makes cyanotypes turn reddish/pink-a bit of digging should turn something up (maybe in Spirits of salts-R Webb & M Reed).
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Doesn't help if you want to create cyanotypes, but my plan this year was to load some HIE and find some holly or christmassy looking conifers on a bright sunny day.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan160 View Post
    Doesn't help if you want to create cyanotypes, but my plan this year was to load some HIE and find some holly or christmassy looking conifers on a bright sunny day.

Ian
    I was considering shooting SFX and hoping the green landscape would go white enough (with the SFX filter) but I've not had good luck with my low-tech cameras and such :rolleyes:
    I was also considering taking some of my landscape pictures and just reversing it since they have white skies and dark ground so reversing it would just make them look like blue skies and white ground... Not sure how well it'd look though.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The epsom salt + beer on glass is kinda neat. The crystals remind me more of the pattern on galvanised steel buckets than frost... its a bit coarser than the frost I remember on my bedroom windows... Pretty nonetheless and seems to photograph nicely with the macro lens + extension. Hubby said it looks like we got the windows egged... but like I said, the crystal pattern close up is nice. I'll try to get through a roll today and dev, scan & post later...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Do an emulsion lift from a polaroid Type 59. You can either scan and print the final image, or create individual images on cards. You can put them on watercolor cards (a lot of paper mfrs make them) with ready made envelopes. I did this one year and shot a bunch of xmas ornaments so that me and my 4x5 came out in the reflection...hilarious and fun, but not cheap.

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Christmasy still life? Ole did one I really like that might give you some inspiration.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...313&ppuser=124
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    You could try and find a photogenic hoodie, and tone the print red. On the other hand they are few and far between.
    Hoodies everywhere up here Mr Miller. No ravens at all.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    Ruddy well is! I have to go to Norway in December for a wedding (!) so I looked up the december tempertures... 40-35F average high and low... looked up the december tempertures for back home... about 10degrees colder. IT'S COLDER IN NEW HAMPSHIRE THAN NORWAY!! :o
    I still remember the first time I came over here... it was December... and I was shocked by green, growing grass. That doesn't happen until April and stops around October/November where I'm from. Silly Gulf Stream effect...
    That all depends on where in Norway you are going.

Where I live (Bergen area, west coast) it's quite warm, but inland and up north it can be bitterly cold.

I think one of my old "alternative christmassy cards" is in the gallery here...

Edit: It is: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...313&ppuser=124
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin