Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,320   Posts: 1,536,854   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Yes and if done quickly enough, the eyes will follow you around the room for a few moments.

Any advance on this level of black humour?

pentaxuser
    Well, back to the reference to Marie Antoinette, during the French Revolution they sang to the tune of "Catch a falling star"

"Catch a falling head and put it in a casket,
    Never let it roll away ... "

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've always thought this a fine example of creative head-chopping. I called this one "Getting A Head For the Holidays".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails funny8.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Jacobs View Post
    I've always thought this a fine example of creative head-chopping. I called this one "Getting A Head For the Holidays".
    Now that is a real classic!

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Yes and if done quickly enough, the eyes will follow you around the room for a few moments.

Any advance on this level of black humour?

pentaxuser
    Lettuce not get ahead of ourselves here... then again, a good joke is always disarming. Keep that up and we'll be all running around like chickens with our heads chopped off. Funny how we've got gallows humor, but not guillotine humor. Better not let that idea come to a head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Better not let that idea come to a head.
    What and not have a popping good time?

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ack- too corny for words... verbal assault and buttery... don't mince words now... decapitation is after all a dicey situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once had an editor lecture me on a shot I took in which I cropped in tight and clipped off the top of the subject's head. She had gone to an Associated Press workshop and one of the teachers said cropping off the top of someone's head in a newspaper photograph would confuse the viewer. Since I was only a photographer who had made more photographs that week than she had taken in her whole life and she was an assistant managing editor who had gone to a workshop, I was obviously wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chopped off heads (arms, legs, ears, noses, etc) are what critics talk about when they don't have anything else negative to say.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the best thing to do with rules is break them...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With most everything a photographer can think or dream of having already been done, it makes it tough to be original and creative. I believe in an effort to be creative, different or simply noticed picture makers will do most anything to grab, capture, shock or what ever it takes to catch the viewers eye. I come from a time not so long ago that to chop off a persons head in a picture was considered to be very amateurish and indicated lack of training and was to be avoided at any cost. Like so many things in photography the "head chopping" has now gained a great deal of acceptance by many that never knew in the first place that it was in poor taste.

Today anyone can do anything from allowing tree's or telephone poles to grow out of peoples heads to cutting off the head or other anatomy in the name of creativity. Perhaps they are correct and others of us are incorrect. I do not believe that rules are made to be broken! I believe that if one knows the rules first that he/she is in a position to better interpret the results of what they are trying to achieve. Generally when I see an image with top of the head cut off I either turn the page or go somewhere else.

If you think or believe other wise it is finewith me, I do not wish to change anyones mind however I personally dislike the cutting tops of heads off in portraits or even family photos.
    Jus my opinion,
    Charlie........................................... .....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin