Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,580   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our own Jim Galli. For years I have been able to make blurry pictures; sometimes without even trying.

The problem was never how to make 'em but to know when and why to make 'em. And even more important was the insight into how to look at soft images and distill aesthetic and emotional values from what I was seeing.

Thanks Jim for setting me on the path!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In no particular order:

Marcus Doyle
    Chris Gordaneer
    Stephan Romer
    William Huber
    Frank Le Petit
    Olaf Veltman
    Steffen Jahn
    Cosmin Bumbutç
    Andric
    Michael Prince
    Frank Schott
    Adrian Tyler
    Andreas Gursky
    Edward Burtynsky
    Mark Laita
    William Lamson
    Mats Cordt
    Heidi Hartwig
    Hunter Freeman
    Alexey Brodovitch
    Paul Bourdice
    Karen Kuehn
    Nick Knight
    Craig McDean
    John Konkal
    Dana Neibert

Nearly all commercial shooters. Many of them using large format gear. Many also doing post processing, which some here may not like.

When you photograph for work, sometimes clients ask you to emulate a style of another photographer, though luckily that does not happen too often to me. Mostly I get to work as a creative partner, giving my input and interpretation towards creating compelling images. It is good to be aware of trends, but I need to maintain a distinct look to my images. Also, 99.9% of the images I do are created in-camera, and need no post processing. Currently mostly shooting large format (4x5), though sometimes medium format, and for some musicians I still use 35mm gear.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I see a lot of work I admire, but influence #1 has to William Eggleston - "I am at war with the obvious" - with him all the way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin