Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,073   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    FWIW I tend not to look as hard at the super color pictures.
    Yes, well Rowell does a nice line in picture postcard images, he's definitely not my cup of tea

There really aren't many colour workers who inspire me and I often find the colours of modern films over-powering. I've seen some superb Ansel Adams colour work as well as some by Edward Weston.

But I guess the work of Simon Norfolk has to be my choice, I can't really add John Goto because he uses a lot of manipulating, (d***t**). Oh almost forgotten Robert Misrach as well.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look at my gallery here:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgall...00&ppuser=6479

I think you might get a sense about what is up my "alley". The colour in "colour in winter" is what I like (even if the scan needs a lot of work). Or, see Steveston, or Broken Tree.

These may not be nearly as great as many of the more iconic images referred to in this thread, but I think they give a sense of where my "alley" is.

Matt

Images
    SO, Matt, you are more of a subtle color guy. Being somewhat color blind I find it difficult to appreciate the subtle colors. Your broken Tree image is a prime example. I looks almost BW. Maybe this is why I tend toward the more in your face colors. Freeman Patterson is about as subtle as I can go.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like porter and ketchum and also minor whites color photos but that's probably more about his style
    Porter is real

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin