Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,016   Online: 931

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know about Dali, but looking at FEDs vs leica pages, I stumbled across this thing:
    http://www.artzites.com/camera1.htm

Allegedly, that's comrade Picasso with a FED-2 around his neck.

I also saw a documentary on Helmut Newton that that guy really didn't care which camera he used. I believe he had a digital 4/3 system, a rebel with a kit lens and of course a number of camera from the beginning of his career, but never a leica and maybe not even a hassy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Picasso had a digital camera?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Picasso had a digital camera?
    No, but if my memory serves me right, Helmut Newton did.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Must have been the Dry Martini screwing up the comprehension of your post Andrey.
    Anyway.
    Dali was of another era. If surrealistic painting was made so easy as with Photoshop,
    probably he wouldn't have done much. Its hard to consider the revolution of surrealism
    when its so easy to do montage and mutation of images, then print a million identical
    copies of it. Surrealism was all about screwing up your perception of reality and playing
    with your mind and digital manipulation has made that so common place its not happening anymore.

If you want to talk about an "traditional" artist that used computers, talk about Andy Warhol who
    used the revolutionary Amiga 1000 and loved it, considering it a great tool for his work. He didn't
    abandon his other media though, just added one more tool to use. He was also a Pop artist and
    so one should approach this differently.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin