Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,947   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just used type 55 over the weekend. Here is my first attempt using a 9 inch Verito @ f4 of my grandson and had a little problem remembering to properly open and shut the Studio shutter on the shot of my daughter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tia.Verito-9-inch.f8.type-5.jpg   Carson.2-24-08.9-inch-Verit.jpg  
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    last 55, and last 59
    Last edited by jnanian; 11-08-2008 at 04:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How to save a fifty year old color slide: enlarge it on to 8x10 type 809 and make an image transfer with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H58_xfr_1_lo.jpg  
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These two were made with Hasselblad and polaroid back. The first one is Fuji FP-100BW, and the second is Fuji FP-100C Silk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mark pola1bw.jpg   beer pola2col.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    .. and I thought this thread was about Polaroids. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I salute everyone who is still shooting 'roids, it's nice to see!

As for me, there is no "last one," I will be shooting 55 and 665 for years to come. Now the question is whether I can fit any groceries in my refrigerator or if I have to buy another one...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith, in your experience, do Polaroid films keep well when frozen? Aren't there any problems with the chemicals in the pod freezing up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    How to save a fifty year old color slide: enlarge it on to 8x10 type 809 and make an image transfer with it.
    Alex: What a beautiful transfer. The subject suits the process perfectly.

This is part of the reason the absence of Polaroid is leaving a hole in my heart. Could anything else have done the slide such justice? Thanks for posting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Keith, in your experience, do Polaroid films keep well when frozen? Aren't there any problems with the chemicals in the pod freezing up?
    DO NOT FREEZE POLAROID!

Refrigerate it, preferably at a temp well above the freezing point. Then it will be fine.

I've had no issues with refrigerated 665 expired by at least a year.

Caveat: there are always issues with outdated polaroid materials, in my experience. With colour polaroid materials this shows up in interesting colour shifts. The only somewhat pesky issue I have seen with refrigerated 55 is that for some odd reason, the end-clip sometimes doesn't reclip on the paper envelope when you put it back in after exposure... perhaps the paper has lost some of its rigidity because it became moist over time or when warmed up. In case that happens, don't panic, just be ready to disassamble the cover of the holder (easy) so that you can help it on through the rollers. It's not the end of the world, just a small nuisance. Because of this spurious issue with older 55, I keep a clearing bath nearby when using it and don't pull the film out without developing it. In other words, I develop as I go.

I have not had any issue with expired, refrigerated 665- the stuff works beautifully for me. Literally not one single problem. It keeps exceptionalyl well, and if anyone (Fuji?) picks up a pos/neg material, I would wish for it to be in "pack film" format, not the single-sheet form which has some intrinsic issues, in my opinion. The convenience of being able to develop later is not as important as getting a good pull each and every time and no hangups, in my opinion. I think Fuji realized this and that's why they make their 4x5 stuff in pack form, not sheets.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's my last Polaroid transfer: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...02&ppuser=4256

The other day I shot the last of my 669 with my Nikon FM2n and NPC back.

Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin