Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,051   Online: 945

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hot for Teacher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you need an adventure vacation. Lose yourself in the novelty of it.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Sounds like you need an adventure vacation. Lose yourself in the novelty of it.
    I married one of my professors.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, three-four friends decided to help me out, so I guess this is fine.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Dear Arigram,

May (myself and my wife, Paula Chamlee) offer our services? The state you are in with your photography is exactly the type of thing we deal with in our workshops. It would be ideal if you could possibly attend our Vision and Technique Workshop in May. It is announced here under the "Workshops" topic and Tom Duffy made a nice reply. We are in Pennsylvania in the United States, and we have had participants come from farther then Crete—Korea and New Zealand—are two places that come readily to mind. And this workshop is appearing to be an international one with people from three countries coming—one of them from a country further than Crete.

But let's assume coming to a workshop here in Pennsylvania is too much. From time to time, on request, photographers send us photographs and we give serious in-depth critiques. Based on our experience with other photographers we can virtually guarantee that our critiques will be useful. We charge for our time to do this—it can take an hour or two—and we take the job of giving critiques very seriously and will deal with your photographs in depth.

Should any of this interest you, please send us an email (address can be found on our site http://www.michael and paula.com) and we can discuss this further.

Whoops. Our web site address should have had no spaces.

http://www.michaelandpaula.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Anything I can get.
    Honestly, I just need to grow from where I am
    and both technical and aesthetics need work.
    Jeez, where have I heard all of this before?
    Confessions of a Squad by Alden.
    "And so on, and so on. I shoot tons of stuff, but it lacks originality. The
    best thing I ever did was in Calcutta. But most of my things in the states
    are ho hum landscapes, somewhat improved by shifting away from Ansel
    and more toward Robert...No shows have ever panned out, thousands went
    into thin air shooting stock, and the only reason I think I keep doing this darn thing...
    is that it’s all I’ve got. The bottom line for me, is that I simply don’t try smart enough.
    Hard work is foolish without channeling good ideas into works that stand out, and maybe, just maybe,
    I’ll actually apply myself one of these days.

"There. Now you know what a 51 year old teenager sounds like...."

As a B/W noob is this what I have to look forward to? Mid-life teen angst and self doubt? Sorry Arigram but I don't buy it, your trolling for something and it's not a teacher.

Terry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    As a B/W noob is this what I have to look forward to? Mid-life teen angst and self doubt? Sorry Arigram but I don't buy it, your trolling for something and it's not a teacher.

Terry
    Huh? I am trolling?
    I would love to hear more of how you came to this conclusion.
    Just let me get the popcorn, it sounds quite entertaining.

Sorry, Mr. Smith, but I am not planning to be visiting the US again any time soon, as I can't afford it.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    I think you know where you are. The problem is to define 'grow'....

There are no rules. There is no hierarchy. The only person you should allow to decide is yourself.
    Good thoughts! That's getting to the truth (about photography).
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    Terry, that's uncalled for. Ari is far from an angst-ridden middle-age man, nor has he ever trolled on this forum. I think you owe him an apology.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Images
    Terry,

WTF. I hope hope you misspoke. What is it you think he is "trolling for"?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin