Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,312   Online: 1035

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    You could make a reference to Circe, the greek sorceress who transformed men into pigs...
    Touché. And it's quite in keeping with Emil's style.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    the task for me is to make images that are not degrading the females - the pigs OR the farmers

...or your art, which is very distinctive indeed, as I think everyone in this forum is aware of. I can't help thinking that the organisation is trying to create exitement around their cause by scrounging on your work/style. I honestly find the juxtaposition of pigs and - presumably - beautiful models somewhat contrived - you have to look real hard to see the connection.

Just my 2 øre....at any rate: good luck, you are going to need it!
    Søren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    You could make a reference to Circe, the greek sorceress who transformed men into pigs...
    A most, most excellent idea!
    Ofcourse that would require one female only and lots of men, so if you're thinking a group of females it could work if:
    you create multiple Circes to reference to the enchantement of all females, all at once or maybe a different one with a different costumed (or not) in each frame.
    Maybe reverse it and have a man to be Circe and women to be Ulysses and his crew.
    Great idea Scott!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dress the pigs up in coveralls, and have the Circe model leading the pigs around on leashes... maybe have her leading them toward a door marked "Abbatoir" or somesuch... drape her in some nymphlike gauze of a fabric for added atmosphere.

Pigs

I keep wondering what the pigs would look like if Loretta Lux did them.
    As far as slaughterhouse ideas, consult Joel Peter Witkin.
    Personally, I think a nude female angel floating a few feet above a circling pack of piglets would be cute.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Naked women and pigs. Who is going to notice the pigs, or even the farm. The nudity must in my opinion be so blase so as to give the main topic room to stand out. Remember the topic? Watch TV commercials to see how to mix sex and product. Your product is NOT naked women.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    A MODERN pig farm if its waste management system is working properly and has a well tuned lagoon (lots of good bacterial munching away) isn't that bad. ...

And by the way, there is a long history of nudity and pigs in art. Porky Pig never wore pants.
    Locally, we have a pig farm which is absolutely CLEAN. The farmer told me you can walk around out there with the pigs and your shoes won't get dirty. The meat, of course, is delicious. My wife works at the food co-op, and they were sampling the sausage. Of course, it is very expensive.

Re: Porky. Porky stood on two legs. Remember, Orwell: "Four legs good, two legs ba-a-a-ad." (The sheep said that).

The important thing will be to get the pigs' attention. It would be very cool to have them all looking directly at the camera. I've done this with goats, but haven't had the opportunity with pigs. Yet. I hope you have a very loud whistle. I think it would work better with pigs. I have an image of the soon to be governor of Washington state (former gov, back in the 1980's before the election) and his family with just the back end of a goat in the upper right hand corner, leaving the picture caught by the flash. Goats have attention deficit disorder. All of them.

Feeding the pigs in the nude might be fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So Emil, how did it turn out?
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

the ambiance of an abattoir is an acquired taste

you might consider have a crew to ensure the safety of your models.
    pigs can become a little ... dangerous.

you might spend a little time observing the process before you sign the papers

all animals are completely freaked out by the time they get to a slaughterhouse. i don't think you are going to get near them, right ?

the ambiance of an abattoir is an acquired taste.
    many folks, not having a farmer's upbringing,
    exhibit a quality similar to acute sea-sickness.

good luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ppaletti View Post
    I keep wondering what the pigs would look like if Loretta Lux did them.
    As far as slaughterhouse ideas, consult Joel Peter Witkin.
    Personally, I think a nude female angel floating a few feet above a circling pack of piglets would be cute.
    Loretta Lux - now there's an idea. That could be totally cool.

Antje

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin